Sign in to follow this  
Der Fuchs

FMC error with a specific Airport

bq9o.jpg

Hi!!

here is my issue.

It's happens only with the T7 and for this airport (EBBR) with Airac 1313...

I try some re-install of the Airac with admin right and it's also the same issue.

also tested with PMDG NGX and no issue at EBBR...

It's on FSX / W7 64 bit

I'll post this in the Navigraph forum too.

thanks for your Help & Happy new Year!

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I found this from a while ago. Hope it helps. It specifically mentioned KORD, but people have had issues with other airports as well.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430060-kord-fmc-scratchpad-error-message-after-updating-to-airac-1313-help

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

It specifically mentioned KORD, but people have had issues with other airports as well.

...mostly because it has to do with runways changing identifiers and ORD has a new runway every weekend.

For those of you who haven't seen this yet, this is what ORD will look like in the end:

O%27Hare_International_Airport_%28USGS%2

Kyle Rodgers

Ridiculous, I think that's a huge waste of money and space.

Come work a day with me in traffic management and we'll see how long you think that... :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Come work a day with me in traffic management and we'll see how long you think that... :wink:

Well, I'm not qualified for such observations, but I do not see any point in abandoning 2 runways and building 5 new ones. Beside that, they can use less than half runways at the same time. Why they need those parallel runways separated by less than 300m? Do you think they can operate it in the same time?

Well, I'm not qualified for such observations, but I do not see any point in abandoning 2 runways and building 5 new ones. Beside that, they can use less than half runways at the same time. Why they need those parallel runways separated by less than 300m? Do you think they can operate it in the same time?

The close parallels are a signature design feature of many of our busier US airports.  While you wouldn't use them for poor weather simultaneous ILS approaches, you can certainly use all of them simultaneously on severe clear days.  The more common scenario, though, is that the inner runways will be used as departure runways with the outer runways used as arrival runways (for those two close-parallel pairs).  This is done at ATL (and LAX) with great efficiency, which is saying something because it still ranks at the top of yearly overall aircraft movements.

The design allows for a segregated departure and arrival queues, which actually allows a higher AAR than a single runway with the same amount of traffic.  The theory is that, while an aircraft does have to cross the departure runway after landing, the amount of time to cross the runway is much less than the amount of time required to land, decelerate and vacate.  The close parallel situation also cuts down the taxi time when compared to independent parallel setups (like at DEN 35s and 34L).

Kyle Rodgers

...mostly because it has to do with runways changing identifiers and ORD has a new runway every weekend.

Well, yes, I am aware of that, but that wasn't my point. When Fabian originally posted the thread, his issue was with Brussels. I made that statement because I didn't want anybody to think the solution that was in that thread was strictly for Chicago O'Hare, hence the second statement I made in that post.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Well, yes, I am aware of that, but that wasn't my point.

I know it wasn't.  I was simply elaborating on the core issue: runway ID changes, and attempted to make a joke.

Kyle Rodgers

Was a fix ever found for this? Last night I had to manually tune the ILS for EBBR since no data exists :/  What's worse is on departure no runway data exists so need V speed or runway performance data calculation. All with the latest AIRAC

Sorry if this has been covered, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Regards

Rob Prest

Was a fix ever found for this?

Not to my knowledge - I'd submit a ticket to ensure it gets into the SP.

Kyle Rodgers

Same problem here. It happens with KOAK, as well. It clearly has something to do with the new runway heading change.