Sign in to follow this  
Snuffleupagus

Looking for KLAX scenery to take FSDT place

Hey guys,

I am looking for the best KLAX scenery other than the FSDT offering. Theirs is no doubt the best but I can't fly there with PMDG and my other addons without it hitting the VAS limits. I don't want to give up flying to LAX so I''m hoping you guys could point me in the right direction for the next best LAX scenery, whether it is freeware or payware.

Thanks!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Kyle, have you tried DX10 with Steve's fixer? I'm like you, I pretty much fly PMDG heavies exclusivly and I was gettting OOM's until I went to DX10. I am very happy i went over, it cost me a litttle bit of money but my sim runs better, looks better and I don't get OOM's anymore.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

None that I know of.

Try flying into their KJFK  with the New York Scenery.. VAS Galore :X

Theirs is no doubt the best but I can't fly there with PMDG and my other addons without it hitting the VAS limits.

How close are you to hitting the limit when you're there? The reason I ask it because I fly there in the NGX and T7 quite a bit using MegaScenery SoCal and UT2 traffic at 70% (no auto traffic) and my VAS never exceeds 2.7 and that's with the 4096 button checked in addon manager. If I uncheck for HD Textures which only let the scenery load 1024 mips, my VAS hovers around 2.6.

What kind of addons are you running that getting you so close to VAS limits at that airport and are there any settings you can adjust when you fly there that can reduce your VAS load?

Aside from that, the only other FSX KLAX is the BluePrint version.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I fly the NGX plus their scenery, and usually at LOD 5.5. (but I'm online)

If you dial back to LOD 4.5 and bring settings down one notch for scenery you should be ok!

Maybe turn down AI traffic to very low.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How close are you to hitting the limit when you're there? The reason I ask it because I fly there in the NGX and T7 quite a bit using MegaScenery SoCal and UT2 traffic at 70% (no auto traffic) and my VAS never exceeds 2.7 and that's with the 4096 button checked in addon manager. If I uncheck for HD Textures which only let the scenery load 1024 mips, my VAS hovers around 2.6.

What kind of addons are you running that getting you so close to VAS limits at that airport and are there any settings you can adjust when you fly there that can reduce your VAS load?

Aside from that, the only other FSX KLAX is the BluePrint version.

The reason your vas is so low is because megascenery removes all autogen. So it's not a valid comparison.

Kyle, have you tried DX10 with Steve's fixer? I'm like you, I pretty much fly PMDG heavies exclusivly and I was gettting OOM's until I went to DX10. I am very happy i went over, it cost me a litttle bit of money but my sim runs better, looks better and I don't get OOM's anymore.

I tried using DX10 before the whole package hit the stores and never had success. I'm thinking of retrying by purchasing the fix though. I would love to be able to get DX10 to work.

I probably am hitting the limit actually. I'll start to notice scenery stops loading and then the pop up occurs. The interesting thing is if I just click on the FSX window, the pop up goes behind FSX and I am able to continue the flight, just no more scenery or objects load. 

I have 4096 check but with it unchecked it happens too. I have a whole host of addons that are probably filling the VAS limit quick. For the LAX leg I had:

FSDT KLAX, PMDG, REX4 Textures, GEX, UTX, FSGenesis, Accu-Feel, GSX, Shade, LOD @ 5.5. Most settings are between medium and high. I fly online so no AI traffic and road/airport traffic is <10%.

I fly the NGX plus their scenery, and usually at LOD 5.5. (but I'm online)

If you dial back to LOD 4.5 and bring settings down one notch for scenery you should be ok!

Maybe turn down AI traffic to very low.

I have the same LOD setting and also fly online so AI is 0%. I'll give the settings a try, thanks!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

The reason your vas is so low is because megascenery removes all autogen. So it's not a valid comparison.

MegaScenery SoCal is an older product that includes autogen. Its the new Megascenery Earth stuff that doesn't include autogen.

Also from what i've been reading concerning photoreal is that its more VAS hungry than generic textures like GEX or FXTG because it has to load the whole area, hence the reason PMDG recommends keeping photoreal to a minimum when flying their a/c.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator