Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chevy22

Patch for the Reality XP GNS530

Hi,

instantly after I bought the 1900D directly from the Carenado website I received another email (that was blocked because of the attachment...) saying:

"Dear customer, we have noted that the “RXP530.exe” file included in your recently purchased Carenado B1900D HD Series FSX/P3D is not working properly impeding to use the Reality XP GNS530.

Attached is a patch which correct that issue.

Unzip it and double click in the installer which will correct that file."

The file attached is called "1900D_SPRXP.exe". Is this a trustworthy Carenado mail or just a bad joke? I won't execute the patch until I officially hear from Carenado that my computer won't get infected with malware or something worse... Did anybody else receive that patch? And why isn't it simply downloadable from their website?

Thanks for all responses

Christian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Install the patch or download a fresh copy of the airplane - it includes a new RXP530.exe module.

Install the patch or download a fresh copy of the airplane - it includes a new RXP530.exe module.

Hi Bert I have not yet purchased the Reality XP GNS530  when I do will the install work

with the B1900 that I just downloaded or will I have to download it again?

Plus what do you think of the choice's is best the Full @ $99 unlimited or the $49... 

Also is the navdata current because I tried about 5 times to email them on this question

and still no response.

your answers would be appreciated.

thanks

Carlo

Hi Bert I have not yet purchased the Reality XP GNS530  when I do will the install work

with the B1900 that I just downloaded or will I have to download it again?

Plus what do you think of the choice's is best the Full @ $99 unlimited or the $49... 

Also is the navdata current because I tried about 5 times to email them on this question

and still no response.

your answers would be appreciated.

thanks

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

I would buy the $49 version.  The $99 Unlimited pack is an add-on, in addition to the

basic GNS, not a replacement!

The navdata can be updated to a 2011 version, via a newer Garmin Trainer unit,

look for instructions in the Simforums RXP support forum.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/nav-database-update-via-new-garmin-trainers_topic39731.html

Send me a PM if you need more information.

If you have a real world Jeppesen subscription, you can also transfer a current database

to the Garmin Trainer.