Sign in to follow this  
CTBlankenship

VAS, FSUIPC and FSX

Hello.

i have read this old thread. I know it's really old, but  t says it does say how to see how much VAS you are using in real time. I did what it says( I have FSX sp2)

"""OOMs seem to be plaguing some people and I just found out how to continuously monitor your VAS through the title bar of FSX using FSUIPC.  I have the registered version of FSUIPC so I am unsure if purchasing that product is necessary to implement this trick.  How to implement:

1.  FSX Menu bar | Add-ons | FSUIPC ...

2.  Select the Logging tab

3.  Enter an Offset of 024C (that's a zero)

4.  Enter a Type of S32 from the drop down box

5.  DO NOT check the Hex checkbox

6.  Press OK

Now you have a continuous readout of your VAS usage on the FSX title bar.  This suggestion works with people using FSX in windowed mode ... I am unsure about the other option (full screen).""

i know it's an old post, but I have just done what it says here in a Trident flight , and the green bar comes up , but the value shows =0.

i was expecting a long number. The flight went on OK.

the Fsuipc is not registered. Is that why the value wasn't showing right?

any advice please?

20 hours ago, Fortiesboy said:

Hello.

i have read this old thread. I know it's really old, but  t says it does say how to see how much VAS you are using in real time. I did what it says( I have FSX sp2)

"""OOMs seem to be plaguing some people and I just found out how to continuously monitor your VAS through the title bar of FSX using FSUIPC.  I have the registered version of FSUIPC so I am unsure if purchasing that product is necessary to implement this trick.  How to implement:

1.  FSX Menu bar | Add-ons | FSUIPC ...

2.  Select the Logging tab

3.  Enter an Offset of 024C (that's a zero)

4.  Enter a Type of S32 from the drop down box

5.  DO NOT check the Hex checkbox

6.  Press OK

Now you have a continuous readout of your VAS usage on the FSX title bar.  This suggestion works with people using FSX in windowed mode ... I am unsure about the other option (full screen).""

i know it's an old post, but I have just done what it says here in a Trident flight , and the green bar comes up , but the value shows =0.

i was expecting a long number. The flight went on OK.

the Fsuipc is not registered. Is that why the value wasn't showing right?

any advice please?

I suspect this only works for the pay version of FSUIPC.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yes, you might well be right, but I have  since ( earlier today) seen references to this fsuipc function as working in both registered and non registered? 

I just don't know why they say that, if it's registered only . It must have been obvious😀

Works perfect with FSUIPC both registered or not, as far as I know (and for me).

Not sure what you mean by a 'green bar' (I'm using Windows7/10 in the classic style).
But whatever: this FSUIPC VAS-info is displayed in the top-line of the window frame; so is ONLY visible in Windowed-mode, NOT in Fullscreen-mode

Rob

Tried it again. I was in windowed mode. Got the same value , i.e. =0.

i put the input 024c, and 024C- tried each in turn. , in the top row, as per the illustration in this thread.

Im now flummoxed. No big deal, but would have been nice to see it.

Fortiesboy, there is a missing step.  After #5 (do not check the Hex box), select which of the four output you want the information displayed.  I use FS Title Bar.  Then select OK.  That's it.  If FS Window is selected instead, you will see the info in a green bar on the top.  It works for me in FSUIPC 4.975.  If you still have issues it may be worth asking in the official FSUIPC forums.

• Like 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

3 hours ago, TextRich said:

select which of the four output you want the information displayed.  I use FS Title Bar.

When using FS title bar, it will show the last offset listed of the 4 available. So make sure that either 024C is the only one in the list or it is in the last slot.. OFC have hex unchecked if you want a standard number output.

• Like 2

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Confirmed!  It does work with the free version of FSUIPC.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:16 AM, TextRich said:

Fortiesboy, there is a missing step.  After #5 (do not check the Hex box), select which of the four output you want the information displayed.  I use FS Title Bar.  Then select OK.  That's it.  If FS Window is selected instead, you will see the info in a green bar on the top.  It works for me in FSUIPC 4.975.  If you still have issues it may be worth asking in the official FSUIPC forums.

Thanks , but I'm not sure what FS title bar is.

as I say, I get the green bar display but the value is  "=0"

if I don't have a title bar, is there another way to "select" the top of the four rows, as that is the one I enter the 024C in.

22 hours ago, Fortiesboy said:

Thanks , but I'm not sure what FS title bar is.

as I say, I get the green bar display but the value is  "=0"

if I don't have a title bar, is there another way to "select" the top of the four rows, as that is the one I enter the 024C in.

A title bar is on the top and a bit to the left of many Windows windows and applications that don't take up the full screen.  For FSX, the title bar shows up when you are NOT in full-screen mode (using windowed mode).  If you don't see the title bar that is above all the top menu options, hit Alt+Enter when in free flight.  By default, newly installed FSX shows the full screen mode.  I do not get the green window when Title Bar is checked and I only fly in windowed mode.  Consider creating and uploading a screen shot of your settings window so we can check along in case you missed a step.

Edited by TextRich

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

On 12/28/2019 at 5:11 PM, kevinh said:

You can pause the sim and save the flight before it crashes. You will then be able to restart FSX, load the saved flight and continue with VAS usage restore to normal.

Not wishing to hijack this old thread, but I just posted a tip which makes the save automatic and the reload a single key/button press.You just reset and go.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/597882-in-flight-refreshrestore/