Sign in to follow this  
cjcdrummond

DX10 FULL SCREEN

I am a recent convert to DX10 and its been awesome. Only issue I have is that oddly when swapping to full screen the screen size become slightly smaller than when not in full screen mode.

Is this normal??

I have only used the freeware shader package so far.

Perhaps you have not reset the full screen size in Settings\Display?

Ticking the Dx10 preview box creates a new entry in the fsx.cfg file

with default entries that you need to amend to suit your PC and

screen resolution.

Regards,

Nick.

Thanks Nick

The display insettings now only shows three entries and is set to 1920 1080 x 32 

I am sure when I first changed to dx10  last night it was not an issue...I did notice a small yellow counter in the top left hand area which has also gone today though....weird or what LOL

I don't have much idea, seems unusual, but how about the 'widescreen' fsx.cfg entry:

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True

The yellow counter may/will be Fraps, I think. ENB does this, too, but it doesn't work with DX10.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul. It is such a major improvement that I am not concerned just curious. The yellow counter has reappeared when I did a change back to dx9 the preview again. It also bears no relation to framerates recorded by fsx???/

I am a tad confused reading the messages on here as I dont have an official dx10 fix or anything like. All I have done is used the shader 3.2.2 freeware and clicked the bat files. Result is amazing as stated and flew pddg md11 at Aerosoft schipol in heavy thunderstorm curtesy of ASN - 30% mytraffic addons and settings pretty maxed out and got 12-17 fps in VC cockpit. What was interesting is that even when frames were low there was no stuttering just a kind of small juddering that did not stop the flying experience.

Is there anything else I should be doing or using??? Saw talk of a rain fix?

Best

Bruce

Read the "How-To", Bruce, as it has most of the fixes, or descriptions of, but for the best DX10 experience, get the retail version.

"What was interesting is that even when frames were low there was no stuttering just a kind of small juddering that did not stop the flying experience."

I've found that FSX is perfectly smooth, all the way from 17fps, actually setting Inspector to 1/3 Refresh Rate and 20 fps inside FSX, and it's still quite fluid, with little fr variation.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Nick

The display insettings now only shows three entries and is set to 1920 1080 x 32 

I am sure when I first changed to dx10  last night it was not an issue...I did notice a small yellow counter in the top left hand area which has also gone today though....weird or what LOL

Nick what do you mean by "three entries"?

There should be only two in your case, one for dx9 and one for dx10.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi GB

That was my comment to mean there are only three resolution settings available

Hi GB

That was my comment to mean there are only three resolution settings available

Ok, I thought you meant the fsx.cfg file.

How many [Display.Device.....] entries do you have in your fsx.cfg?

You should have only two entries, someting like this:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670.0.0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

AntiAlias=1

Anisotropic=1

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670.0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

AntiAlias=1

Anisotropic=1

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi GB 

Actually my settings for display were not the same. I have just followed yours save that I have put 0.0 at the end of both and .....hey presto all if fixed...AND fxx now changes to full screen in an instant!!!! Brill

[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series.0.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
Antialias=1
Anisotropic=1

Paul I bought the commercial fix and all is ace. Complex aircraft - JFK - heavy snow clouds etc and averaged 18 fps with sliders maxed out apart from autogen at 50% and bloom and lens effect on.

post-294520-0-53658900-1389377824.jpg

post-294520-0-01345700-1389377835.jpg

These are some great pics, Bruce: "Welcome to the club"!