Sign in to follow this  
Novation

REX4 + P3Dv2 Perfection.

Wow! Those are incredible!

What textures are you using in REX4? If you get bored, feel free to list all of them. I've yet to have created my own texture set that looks the way I'd like (like yours).

What is Photoreal animation? Is that part of REX4?

Yes, indeed it is, and my favorite water animation so far in REX4.

What textures are you using in REX4? If you get bored, feel free to list all of them. I've yet to have created my own texture set that looks the way I'd like (like yours).

I will do so later... just doing some installing on my FS PC.

Better yet, how about you just let us come around and use it? :D

Okay... as long as you bring the beers :lol:

Okay, sorry it took a while... these are the main weather and ocean sets, as seen in the pics.

High - Level Clouds = Set 07

Low Level = Set 11

Sky Dawn = Heat

Sky Day = Antarctica

Sky Dusk = Dust

Sun/Effects = Set 06

Global Water = Dark – Shallow Coral Pronounced

Wave Animation = Photoreal

Beers on the way. And about 347 avsim forum users!!

Perhaps I should lock the door :P

Wow that looks gorgeous! Wow. I'm wondering if it's because you're using photo scenery vs the typical ftx global that it's looks this good. Are you using any sort of 3rd party mesh n these screen shots?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

WOW!

Please share all your Scenery Add-ons to get it looking so amazing!

Chris Camp

Are you using any sort of 3rd party mesh n these screen shots?

This scenery has its own 5m mesh, which gives excellent elevation detail.

I personally think photoscenery with Autogen can look amazing, but it has limitations such as fixed seasons – although the agn reflects seasonal changes, but you don't get snow on the ground etc. Quality is less consistent too, as you (or rather the devs) are limited by the source data, which can have a whole host of issues that are beyond correction... plus, it takes up huge amounts of space.

Give me good photoscenery over landclass any day though.

WOW!

Please share all your Scenery Add-ons to get it looking so amazing!

Horizon UK GenerationX scenery, with RevolutionX Autogen... and that's it.

Novation are you using 32 bit or DXT5 for your low level clouds, high/mid level clouds?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Novation are you using 32 bit or DXT5 for your low level clouds, high/mid level clouds?

32bit.

Okay, sorry it took a while... these are the main weather and ocean sets, as seen in the pics.

High - Level Clouds = Set 07

Low Level = Set 11

Sky Dawn = Heat

Sky Day = Antarctica

Sky Dusk = Dust

Sun/Effects = Set 06

Global Water = Dark – Shallow Coral Pronounced

Wave Animation = Photoreal

Perhaps I should lock the door :P

No problem! I'm flying tonight for the first time in a few days. I'll have to create this set once I land in an hour or so and give it a shot. Thanks for listing these!

Novation what is your LOD set to, I'm assuming the max 6.5 that P3D allows? I have the same settings but when running photo scenery, the textures seem to be blurry at a much closer distance. How do you get your textures to extend so far out into the distance? Could you please post your P3D settings. Thanks for the help!