Sign in to follow this  
jgrobs

My mic works but FS2Crew can't hear me

FS2Crew voice stopped working a couple of days ago. It starts fine but it cant hear me, no green bar when I speak.

Occasionally I will see the green bar say "Glide slope" when I haven't said anything. I tried a reinstall as per the install instructions, but it still won't work. My microphone is working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Josh Roberts

Hi Bryan

I had tried the voice training, to see if it was the microphone on the headset.

Voice training was working just fine. It's just on FS2Crew. I'm stumped.

It's hard because you said sometimes the green bar displays something.

If the mic was detecting absolutely nothing, then you'd never see anything in the green bar.

Are you sure you don't have you mic accidentally set to "mute" or something like that?

If the "Voice" button stays on the FS2Crew Main Panel, then the speech recognition system is functioning normally.

Yep, it's weird. Voice light stays on, occasional green "glidepath" or "e". Briefings and announcements work.

Mute is not on. The microphone works for training, etc.

????

Stumped,

Josh

This is the only one I have access to.

(just thought of this) I can hear my own amplified voice through the speakers. Is it possible that the audio is being sent to the speakers, and not the program?

(just thought of this) I can hear my own amplified voice through the speakers. Is it possible that the audio is being sent to the speakers, and not the program?

Sounds like it.  Double check your Audio settings in the Windows Control panel.  check your mic input settings.

All settings are the same as when it was working. What would I be looking for?

P.S., a remote session might save some time; just a thought.

Hi Brian

I couldn't find a way to email you from the FS2Crew site, so I submitted a ticket (Ticket ID: HV7-278-EX99) with my email address.

Thanks,

Josh

I have been away for several days and unfortunately, the problem is not solved. Even with the microphone set as "the default recording device", the programs ability to hear me is hit or miss; mostly miss! Same symptoms as previously stated.

Josh Roberts

I have been away for several days and unfortunately, the problem is not solved. Even with the microphone set as "the default recording device", the programs ability to hear me is hit or miss; mostly miss! Same symptoms as previously stated.

Josh Roberts

I think your system has problems because you had it working before.  Maybe do a clean install of your OS.

Do a clean install of my OS?

You are hilarious. As I stated, it works on and off, mostly off. If you aren't going to support your product, please refund my purchase price.