Sign in to follow this  
davjg

Upgraded from GTX580 to GTX 770 4 GB

Hello

I thought I was going to regret purchasing this upgrade, but I am very very happy with the result. I saw 20% better than I had prior to my upgrade. This is what I have done:

1) Re-installed FSX and FSX Accelerator

2) I only have PMDG 777 and NGX

3) Unstalled Nvidia (clean install) and installed GTX 770 with new drivers

4) Bojote Tweak - added JobScheduler and FSX.Bat file for FSUIPC4 from Word Not Allowed's Guide

5) NI setting was used from Ryan

Prior to my upgrade, I could never fly out from KJFK(FSDT) with NYC City from Drz Design without OOM issue. After the upgrade I avg 20-25 FPS but staying within my cockpit and no OOM. ASN was also being used for weather and REX4 Texture.I did this because this is where I thought I can truly see if this card was worth my $$$. If you have any other suggestion how I can make it better, please let me know.

i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40HGz overclock 4.30GHz

I truly enjoy my hobby where it is today and I know none of this could be possible without the bright minds here, the FS community, all FS developers that dedicated their free time, free advice, free tips so on and so forth. Again thank you for making it fun and more enjoyable!

David

Bought the same card but with 2GB. A bargain in my opinion. Beats the hell out of the GTX680 in any scenario.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

i just purchased the same card as well 

im running in DX10 mode 

i didnt do a reinstall runs great 

JHo

David,

Congrats!

I tried a gtx 680 and did not see the benefit I was looking for. I returned it and I'm still using my gtx 480. I know that eventually I will need a new card, but I'm holding out until I can get a CPU to at least 6ghz.

The 4 gig 770 could be my next purchase.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yep, add me to the list.

I upgraded from GTX 580 to an EVGA GTX 770 Duel Bios 4 GB.

Great card, very pleased.

Only issue is an ACX cooler rattle/whine, when the fans spool down. Known issue apparently. Not a serious issue, it's only brief.

I'm looking at this very same upgrade.  I currently have the Asus 580 and it has served me well.  Any thoughts on Asus vs. EVGA?  Also, I plan to run using surround so would I be better off with the 4gb card or would the 2gb work just fine.

Thanks
Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I did the same upgrade last month and I'm very pleased!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776