Sign in to follow this  
tazz

How's your King Air set up for taxiing?

I don't if my control setup is right, but it seems like I'm either riding my brakes with the throttle set at idle, or using my reverser to maintain a reasonable taxi speed. I can't find any documentation on how to properly set things up. Appreciate any advice you can share.

Thanks! 

-- tazz

If its modelled (it should be) taxi with the condition levers in "Low Idle"

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Having the same problem here! I think you are supposed to use beta range on the throttle to slow the aircraft and maintain control. I use the CH yoke and having trouble getting the throttle to go into beta range. Anyone having success?

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Hi Taz. Boy this cheeky little bird just wants to get up and go flying eh? (Sorry, Canadian here :) I have just spent the last two hrs testing the controls and here is how I did it.

Fuel: 1300 pounds

Payload: 1300 pounds

(basically, 1/2 max gross weight. Yes, it DOES make a difference to the all up weight)

After start up when engines are running normal,

- Pull Props back to 0%

- Pull Condition Levers back to 5%...Careful! Too far back and the engine shuts down!

- Power up slowly until she starts to roll, pulling back to Idle around 15Kts

Left like this, she will slowly pick up speed to about 30Kts after rolling out for 5000 feet. To slow down either tap the brakes or as I like to do, I will pull the props back one notch to FEATHER them, then back up one notch to continue.

This bird is so nicely modeled (IMHO) that if she is lighter she WILL speed up and go faster,  and if loaded to the max she takes longer and does not get up to that speed....25Kts is the max I got.

As hard as it may be take an evening, pick a long runway, (turn off "Detect Crashes", you don't want planes to land on you and spoil the fun!), and practice this.

HAVE FUN!!

• Upvote 2

My problem is just the opposite. I can't get the plane to start moving. Throttle up then the plane jumps forward and i have to maintain a in a lot of throttle to keep it moving. I know this isn't realistic, since this plane should taxi with no throttle. I use the CH Eclipse yoke and Pro pedals. Suggestions?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram