Sign in to follow this  
Melturn

FSX Freezing with 737ngx

I have similar freeze behavior, almost always recovers but lasts between 5 secs and a full minute sometimes. But this only happens when I'm running VAFS5 for flights with a VA I'm in. The freeze happens almost exactly every 5 min and again lasts for anyware from a few seconds to over a minute. If I'm not using VAFS5 then no freezes.

Dave

Dave Paige

Then the problem is your VA software. Maybe you should be posting this in their forum, not PMDG's  :P

Cristi Neagu

Sadly I have to report that my PMDG 737 NGX also freezes.  I thought it might be my PC and so I flattened every drive and rebuilt the PC from scratch.  After a mammoth amount of work, I still suffer the freezes.

Aircraft affected:  PMDG 737 NGX only

What freezes:  ONLY FSX, all other applications are left running, such as VPilot or FSInn (before rebuild), ASN - They all work still

When:  At anytime

How long: Anything between 1 minute to 10 minutes

Where: In the air or at the stand

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core i5 CPU         650  @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 7.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 6.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.53 GB
Total Virtual Memory 14.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.0 GB
Page File Space 6.99 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hi,

I just bought the PMDG777 and I got the same problem here. FSX freezes for 25 sec and than continuous if it never happend. On all my flights it occurs when I just reached my cruising altitude.

What can I do to solve this issue?

Please let me know.

Alje

Alje, full names are required in the PMDG forum, thanks.

The Introduction document for the B777 has a section on the FSX freeze, or appHang as they are called.  For most people, the solution is setting up the correct job scheduler value in the fsx.cfg file. I used to experience this problem, not every flight but maybe once a week while doing a lot of beta testing. Never found the problem but I suspected Vista and it went away when I rebuilt my rig and went to Win7. Check out the Introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP

I too am encountering freezes.  i have tried different suggestion without success. My freezes are chronic,  even if I don't touch anything I will get at least 3 freezes in 2 minutes. I can get a freeze using keyboard, mouse, joystick or FS2crew.  The freezes go out of control during setup, takeoff and landings. I am using W10 and run FSX, PMDG 737, FS2crew, EZCA, Active sky and Plan-G.

I'm getting to my wits end with this.

Glenn Hutchinson

Hello! 

I had the same problem, when I start the PMDG 737 NGX, freezing and said   "….Close of the program... etc.”  Currently I select the PMDG 747 (any Aircraft) at the airport that I want and when I have it at the gate, I do change by PMDG 737 NGX.  This until we knows which is the error.  Test it!

Currently I select the PMDG 747 (any Aircraft) at the airport that I want and when I have it at the gate, I do change by PMDG 737 NGX.

I don't believe you should be loading a PMDG aircraft on top of another one. See page 36 of the PMDG NGX Introduction Manual.

I don't believe you should be loading a PMDG aircraft on top of another one. See page 36 of the PMDG NGX Introduction Manual.

Believe it, that way I can use PMDG 737 NGX, right now I'm on a flight from KOKC to KJFK. I  change immediately after Fly Now. Use PMDG 747 then select PMDG 737 (ANY)

I have been encountering this freezing issue for a couple of months now,  I purchased PMDG 737ngx in Mar 2015 and everything has been working well until recently.  I have reloaded FSX and PMDG plus all the scenery add ons but its still there,  happens with default aircraft and Quality Wings 757.   Also since reloading PMDG you can see through the panels to the outside scenery very faintly.

Thanks       Keith Bailey

happens with default aircraft and Quality Wings 757.

I recommend the FSX forum in AVSIM. There are a few things you'll find over there including discussions on affinity settings and the like.

Dan Downs KCRP

I too am encountering freezes.  i have tried different suggestion without success. My freezes are chronic,  even if I don't touch anything I will get at least 3 freezes in 2 minutes. I can get a freeze using keyboard, mouse, joystick or FS2crew.  The freezes go out of control during setup, takeoff and landings. I am using W10 and run FSX, PMDG 737, FS2crew, EZCA, Active sky and Plan-G.

I'm getting to my wits end with this.

Glenn Hutchinson

Ah ha..............found it !!.   Unchecking Save flights in FSUIPC fixed it for me.  Just had a 2 hour flight with NOT ONE freeze, glitch or whatever.  Now I can enjoy flying the PMDG 737