Sign in to follow this  
burm

Excessive Jagged Edges And Shimmering

I have tried changing most of the setting in the DX10 Controller with no  change in FSX, and still have shimmering in the cockpit

and outside when panning. The wings and most straight lines inside the vc and out are jagged.

Is there any way to fix this or do I have to live with it?

Paul

As well as the manual included in with the Fixer, button bottom

right of the control panel, Chapter 6, there is a whole forum dedicated to Dx10 here.

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/569-dx-10-discussions-hints-and-help/

You will find all the advice you need.

Your solution probably lies in Nvidia Inspector settings.

I would advise you to reset all the Dx10 Fixer settings to their default positions,

read the guidance on how to set up Nvidia Inspector, apply that guidance and

I expect you will see the results you want, as the vast majority of us do.

Regards,

Nick.

As Nick suggests - the best thing to do is read the pinned how to guide in the DX10 discussions forum on how to set up NVI.

In DX10 the free flight selection screen is never anti aliased - that's the way Aces designed it. In DX9 you can force it to be antialiased externally.

You should check that the screen resolution in the graphics section in FSX is correct - the sim creates a different entry for DX10 so it can be different to the values you see in DX9. You should see that AA has been ticked by DX10SF and you should set filtering to Anistropic.

Then check Texture_Max_Load - this gets reset to 1024 whenever you make a change to settings in the Sim and should be set to at least 2048 if you use payware aircraft.

I just bought the scenery fixer and I had really bad issues with jagged lines and shimmering but following the DX10 setup guide that has been mentioned by others cured my issues in a miraculous way, my FSX never looked better!

The technique to achieve this looking at the actual settings both in FSX and Nvidia Inspector is totally different compared to when running DX9 so I'm sure you'll be able to fix your issues too by following that guide to the letter.

Richard Åsberg

in a miraculous way

I suddenly feel all holy.

:lol:  

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

:lol:

I can only imagine the number of hours invested into finding the correct settings for DX10. I remember last time I tried DX10 I had major problems getting rid of all AA and shimmering issues.

Richard Åsberg

Honestly, WebMax - much of it has been through the great work of many others on this forum, and their results posted back here.

I found that reading Steve's blog, slowly tying his explanations to those posts, and as well the many other documents posted on the web - all together into more cohesive documents (and really studying the bits I didn't understand!) finally coming up with the one doc that I felt contained enough accurate information to help a newbie into DX10 in the fastest way.

It's undergone lotsa changes, some corrections, and now also looks a bit prettier, thanks to "Torium's" unique FSX-DX10 signiture banner (which is free, by the way! (right-click, copy image)).

As long as it continues to give folks like yourself the startup help you need to be successfull - it'll be kept up, and will have new updates as they come along.

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and congratulations on getting this far so quickly!

All the best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.