Sign in to follow this  
A_Pilot

MEL / INOP Defect implementation

With the the 777's (and every aircraft for that matter) MMEL publicly available, and the detail that's gone into system failures in the 777, I wonder if it would be possible to implement some sort of deferred defect and MEL items into the PMDG. We can fail them already, the difference is only that a MEL item just has it's warning system disabled.

Seeing as so many failures are already implemented, I wonder how feasible it would be to chose to disable a system or component without having the warning messages pop up continuously, simulating an MEL issue for flying? Conceptually, it seems easy, (disconnect the sirens/warnings on the EICAS) and it would add a level or realism to the day-to-day operations. Despite not having the INOP stickers to place everywhere in the cockpit, I think it would still make for a fun addition! 

Anyone else want to pitch in on this idea?

Luc, after failing a system on the ground you could just hit cancl-recall to get rid of the message from the screen.

I could be wrong but I don't think deferred defects routinely have their EICAS cautions disabled. The crew would need to be warned of the additional consequences if a related failure occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

Its a matter of pulling circuit breaker(s), which is not simulated in the 777x. Crew needs to read the MEL and HIL list before every flight to know what systems are inop. Also a small INOP sticker needs to be placed on a panel or button of the system.

So for instance if the LH landing light would be inop, the crew would read it in this case in the MEL list cause it's an MEL item. If they for some reason didnt read the list before the flight, they will also be notified by the INOP sticker next to the landing light switch. On this sticker is the ATL entry number written, so they can look back in the ATL what exactly is INOP and why.

I'm afraid it's not possible with the 777x the way it is simulated now. Would probably be possible with the upcomming MJC Q400 versions with CB´s simulated.

sig1.png
sig2.png

This idea sounds pretty great! If it is implemented I hope to see them across all PMDG aircraft :)

This idea sounds pretty great! If it is implemented I hope to see them across all PMDG aircraft :)

It would indeed be awesome. But I guess it's a lot harder to implement than you'd expect. Besides that, we should be thankfull for the systemdepth of the 777x as it is right now...

sig1.png
sig2.png

I acknowledge that the INOP sticker would be a little tricky to implement, but i'm sure that the little sticker not being there in the sim wouldn't upset anyone. I'm curious if the procedure in the 777 is to just pull the circuit breaker... Can anyone confirm that?