Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Great start but bugged

Thanks guys, no problem I'm glad you found them useful - and for the record I am not an FDE guru by any means, I wish Bernt Stolle would take an interest in this bird but it's really not a bad flying aircraft just the way it is.

Mike, the ADF is a 2D gauge sitting beneath the 3D knob, it's possible one could add some clickspots to the 2D gauge beneath the 3D knob but it may be that the knob would obscure them rendering them useless. In any case the knob wouldn't have an animated rotation, that's something that would need to be done in 3DS Max by whoever has the source files. I'll give the 2D gauge a try and see what happens.

Russ, yes those shots are from FSX with the DX10 fixer thingy.

Jim

Thanks Jim,  I asked Alabeo and they did not model any type of ADF Knob operation.  According to them it would require three movements for dialing four numbers and the clicking on the radio display itself was the work around.  They also said that this request would forwarded to the developers.    Also the real world unit has an inner and outer knob where if I understood correctly, this aircraft only has a single knob.   The only reason that I asked was that some other aircraft in all price points seem to be able to simulate it.    I would not necessary need the knob to be animated only click areas near the knob to simulate tuning.

Thanks,

Mike

How would that work Mike, I mean with the inner and outer knobs? Which knob would control which digits? I was looking at it last night and it looks like they used two clickspots for each digit, one up and one down for a total of 8. I usually use the mousewheel on things like this so I figured I could get away with just 4, bit how do you manipulate 4 digits with two knobs, I guess is what I'm asking? I'll see if I can download a real world manual and figure it out.

BTW dktheone above is Bernt, he did do the FDE on this. Suddenly it flies better than it did yesterday :smile:

Jim

Hello Jim, I probably explained it wrong, anyway here is the response I received:

"Thanks for this information Mike.

It was developed that way, because you need 3 movements for turning the 4 numbers.
It is impossible to manipulate 3 different moves in the knob from the pilot point of view.
The real aircraft has the inner, outer knob and you have to pull the inner knob for the third movement.
Probably the click areas would be bigger.
Anyways I will submit it to developers. Thanks!

Regards

Fernando"

I am going to find one of my other aircraft with an ADF to see how it is controlled.  If I remember right you mouse click on the center of the knob to simulate pulling out the inner knob.    Basically I would like tune the ADF closer to the knob rather than on the frequency display.   I could probably live with this limitation considering the ADF is getting pretty old.    If it would be possible, what I am looking for, left side of knob left digit, middle of knob middle digits and right side of the knob right most digit.   Ideally, any where from top to bottom of the knob to make it easy to control and the left and right click areas could be a small distance away from the knob so to not accidentally dial the middle numbers.   I hope this makes sense.  Again, if an aircraft is going to have an ADF, clicking of mouse wheel scrolling on the frequencies, takes away the realism for me.

Mike

Hi,
Is there an easy way to have the red light of the transpondeur on in the ALT position only, not in the ON position ?

GTX 1660 Ti

Mike, the 3D knob on the ADF obscures the clickspots so no-can-do I'm afraid. You can wiggle around and find the edges of them a little but any that fall directly under the knob don't work. It would drive you crazy trying to use them in the air, it nearly did me sitting still on the ground. :smile:

Edouard, it appears the transponder is completely modeled, no editable gauge at all that I could find, so no editing there either (not by me anyway).

Sorry guys, I failed miserably, lol.

Jim

If you want to have the real name of the plane in the ATC, you haven't to put C172rg in the section

[General]
atc_model=C172RG

but use the official ICAO code of the airplane. So, you have to put :

[General]
atc_model=C72R

Keep atc_type=Cessna between General and atc_model.

So, you will have Cessna Cutlass insted Experimental. FSX use the ICAO codes to recognize plane until 2006 of course. If you have to use a new plane built after, you have to find a voicepack call sign and use Editvoicepack to put it in FSX database.

There is a website where you can find a lot of ICAO codes for your airplanes :

http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/table_accodes_en.php

Have fun

PS I'm sorry for my bad english, I am french.