Sign in to follow this  
ZoomAir

Option for FMC to use data from FSX instead of AIRAC

What I'm still not understanding is how the data in FSX needs to match at all. Other than perhaps new runways here and there, I'm not seeing the issue.

Hi, Kyle,

There are a few situations that could create confusion for a newbie: changes in ILS frequencies would be one.  At IAD I think 1C/19C have the same ILS frequencies as 1L/19R before the new runway was added, but it might be confusing to someone missing the new runway.  ZoomAir is also complaining about changes in ICAO ID of an airport.  I don't think just installing a new AFCAD solves the problem; I believe a new AFCAD with a different ICAO won't cancel out the stock AFCAD with the old ICAO. Could result in duplicate buildings, slightly-out-of-line double images of runways and taxiways, due to both airports appearing.  However changes in ICAO are very rare -- I can only think of one, FAJS>FAOR.  At any rate, several of us have given him advice on how to fix these problems -- most just by installing a new AFCAD, which is hardly rocket science.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2