Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

MSE 2.0 Wisconsin

I have contacted MegaScenery Earth through their "contact us" link several days ago but have had no response so thought I would ask the question here. I have SimSavvy's Photoreal America HD and am quite pleased with it except for the water features being brown. I was looking at buying the new version from MSE but have concerns as to what is the real color of the water. http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=745  The still shots on their website show the water as blue but the video has the water green, not blue. Simple question - what is the color of water for Wisconsin? Anyone here familiar with this state from MSE?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Lyn

I have contacted MegaScenery Earth through their "contact us" link several days ago but have had no response so thought I would ask the question here.
Simple question - what is the color of water for Wisconsin? Anyone here familiar with this state from MSE?

This is the reason why we set up this forum here so that others with photoscenery could help out others. Developers are busy. It is my understanding that MegaScenery took over SimSavvy's photoreal project so you should not be seeing anything different.  I own most of the USA and all of the rivers at least have brown water.  I have seen very little blue.  Lake Michigan is blue.  Is there a particular spot where you would like checked?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Thanks for the response. If you could check out Madison, WI area for the color of the lakes and rivers, I would appreciate it. I thought that MSE was going to attempt to mask the water areas to make them blue but perhaps I was mistaken.

Thanks again!

Lyn

I'm from WI and water color depends on the lake or body of water. Blue, green, brown and mixtures there of are all possible.

OK! Madison over Picnic Point with blue water! Thanks for the screen shots, Edouard. I was born and raised in Wisconsin near Madison and it is my home airport in FSX and P3D so these screen shots are very, very familiar to me.

Thanks everybody - my question has been answered!

Lyn

Doesn't MSE show the default textures or whatever texture set that you have installed via a third party texture program like REX? I thought that for bigger bodies of water this is how they do it.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Believe it all comes down to watermasking.  Was it?  PC Aviator has already stated that not all of the lakes and rivers will be watermasked and maybe some will be watermasked later on.  If that happens then you will have some brown and some ugly textures for "water" as you can land on them with your 747 if you want.  I found this in the Potomac River around DC.  Landed right on the "water" next to KDCA.  Hard as a rock!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The larger bodies of water should be watermasked, and hence can be subject to certain third party water textures you have loaded into your sim appearing, rather than the colour of the water as captured when the source image was taken. Usually small streams or very small ponds/dams or narrow water bodies will not be masked (since it would be difficult to land any fixed wing aircraft in/on) so these appear the same colour as captured in the source photos.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Do understand can't mask every lake or pond, but be nice remask certain lakes to mitigate visual eyesores. Like to see Canada ahh tons of water in Ontario to land on.