Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Problem with the lights at Aerosoft Brussels

Tonight I noticed there seems to be an issue with the lights at Aerosoft Brussels airport. As seen in the screenshots below depending on your viewing angle the lights either work/don't work.

I have the Legacy Shader all the way to the left so guess there's not much more to do about this...?

EBBR%20airport%20lights%20issue%20-%20no

EBBR%20airport%20lights%20issue%20-%20li

Richard Åsberg

Open manual for fixer and search for "LIGHT FIELDS" 

Easy to fix. Worked for me in EPKK by Drzewiecki. 

Worked like a charm :smile:

I did check the doc and read about lots of other kind of light issues but appearently I missed just the interesting part, thanks for pointing it out to me!

Richard Åsberg

A follow-up question, the doc says you shouldn't put in this fix unless you're positive the airport indeed has this issue. I have lots of airports so it will take me quite some time to go through each one of them manually to check for this issue.

Because of this I'm very tempted to simply drop the fix for all my airports but before doing so I would like to ask what could/will happen if you include this kind of fix/bgl for an airport where the issue is not present?

Richard Åsberg

Yet another follow-up question, checking Eiresim Alicante I noticed that the blue taxi lights at the edges of the taxiways show up/vanish looking at them from different angles just like the problem we've discussed here.

However what is different with this scenery is that when dropping the light fields bgl for this scenery into FSX's scenery library what happens is that these blue lights totally vanish instead of showing all the time so with the fix there are no blue taxi lights at all.

Is there a fix in a situation like this one as well that I overlooked in the documentation?

Richard Åsberg

Disable the legacy slider, look at the airport at night, if it's untextured it probably needs the fix.

No idea on alienate. If you uninstall the lightfield do the lights return?

Ok, thanks for the tip!

As for Alicante, yes...if I remove the light field bgl the blue lights appear again but only from a certain angle.

Richard Åsberg

I also have much problems with DX10 and Aerosoft.

no lights ---->then I refresh the scenery-library ----> lights on

EDDV - winter scenery - no lights

ongke9ka.jpg

after refresh the scenery I can see the papilights:

lcfy57fw.jpg

and the same  switches in night-modus:

2njnnj6u.jpg

...it makes me crazy !

Something weird with those lights.

I fixed them by using light fields on epkk but yesterday it again broke. Because I am a RAAS user I needed to use Make Runways software. Is it possible that it messed something and I need to repeat procedure Steve??

My last perception:

There is no difference between each single "light fields.bgl" in the airport-sceneries or one generate scenery folder with all "light fields.bgl" in the scenery library. This new folder is on second place behind AES.

RAAS, wrongdoer for all problems......that´s a new approach!

I also use RAAS and Make Runway.

Sounds very convenient to simply include all light fields BGLs like that but the documentation clearly says you should only do this for airports with the lights issue confirmed so I'm not sure if this approach including everything is that good?

Richard Åsberg

I think, everybody must test itself.

I have no drawbacks with using one folder in scenery library.

I also testet twice....light field in airport scenery + light field folder in scenery library....no difference, exact the same

AEROSOFT <----that´s the problem, all the others work great

A very interesting discussion here - Thank You very much everyone for all the interesting info provided so far!

AEROSOFT <----that´s the problem, all the others work great

... In regards to DX10 at least, that's really the case.

EBBL - EBBR: no lightfield.bgl in airport scenery, only the folder with all light fields in scenery library

9iiw486n.jpg

the papilights slowly appears on right side of RW

724ztr6z.jpg

all looks good

d8k6iqx2.jpg

qxx3wjpw.jpg

...no problems with EBBR

...the same problem as Webmaximus at EDDG (Aerosoft)

1. all looks good (only the light field folder in scenery library)

mgbe4kgx.jpg

2. after touchdown no lights and I stopped FSX (pause)

iix4zsdc.jpg

3. then I refreh the scenery library and all lights (the blue and red) looks good

pkwleyif.jpg

4. after the refresh I can do wath I want....the lights are shining in all possible views