Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Problem with the lights at Aerosoft Brussels

Something weird with those lights.

I fixed them by using light fields on epkk but yesterday it again broke. Because I am a RAAS user I needed to use Make Runways software. Is it possible that it messed something and I need to repeat procedure Steve??

Does it create a new scenery level with an exclusion? If so then yes.

There is nothing complicated about a light field - its a big invisible light.

The problem is that lights in old style SCASM files only work properly if there is an effect light somewhere in your view. The solution is therefore to add this big invisible light where its needed.

It can go in any scenery folder above or including the one you have an issue with. There is some small cost to "drawing" the light so I wouldn't add them unless you need them.

You can put the ones you need in one directory that's fine, but I wouldn't install all 20,000.

Nope, it is not the case. No additional scenery. I noticed something weird on drzewiecki - without light field I cannot see lights when looking straight. With light field I can see them ONLY when looking straight. That's the issue I think. I will try to reproduce it today. I'd say raas and makerwy did not have anything to do with it it was just my impression that it is fine.