I installed a USB Throttle Quadrant to go with my Saitek Pro Yoke/Throttle for twin engine aircraft. The USB Throttle is activating the "G" key and "S" key when I move two of the levers all the way down. The USB throttle system works number two engine prop, number 1 engine mixture, number 2 engine mixture. Num 1 eng mix trips the "G" landing gear key and num 2 eng mix trips "S" view key.  What can I do to fix.

What are you using to set up the Quadrants? I don't use the Saitek drivers, I use FSUIPC4 exclusively. I don't even let FSX see my Axis' on any controller.

Just go into the  settings/controls/keyboard and delete both keys.also delete any keyboard command keys that you don't use.if the keys are not assigned they can't be triggered...

if you go past the detente at the bottom they can be assigned as a button(that's your problem)i use Fsuipc to trigger reverse thrust with them.

steve

I use FSUIPC for FS9, you should not use both FS and FSUIPC control inputs together. Best to delete all FS inputs, all, and use registered FSUIPC only for all inputs. As always Back up your originals for safe keeping. Be sure to follow Pete s instructions regarding having to copies of CFG file. I will also say, the Saitek yoke works great except for blinking clock, I have been through two (2) sets of their throttles and they do not function well, and in all cases the axis levers just went haywire before the end of first year. I have 1 throttle unit remaining which only one of three axis works, I  use the unit for buttons and gear lever,I use CH now for throttles etc. I just gave up, after sending two units  back, the replacements only lasted a few months and they too failed. Wish Saitek would fix the darn things.

FSUIPC is the only way to go..

Best solution is to learn to use FSUIPC. Disable controllers in FSX/P3D, then use FSUIPC to setup everyting.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

However, completely ignoring everyone telling you that you must use FSUIPC (no you must NOT, it's up to you!)... your problem is quite simple.

At the lower position of the levers, Saitek has installed a switch. FS has this switch assigned to those commands. Clear that out in FSX and your issues will disappear.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

However, completely ignoring everyone telling you that you must use FSUIPC (no you must NOT, it's up to you!)... your problem is quite simple.

At the lower position of the levers, Saitek has installed a switch. FS has this switch assigned to those commands. Clear that out in FSX and your issues will disappear.

Who said "you must use FSUIPC"? We are simply suggesting it. 

In the four posts prior to mine:

Capt Speirs: "I use FSUIPC4 exclusively."

steve howlett*: "i use Fsuipc to trigger reverse thrust with them."

Polar: "Best to delete all FS inputs, all, and use registered FSUIPC only for all inputs."

simmerhead: "Best solution is to learn to use FSUIPC."

That's four people focused on FSUIPC as the 'solution' when in fact the actual solution is simply to remove the unwanted assignments. It's all the OP really needed. No more, no less and certainly not four people implying the OP needs FSUIPC to solve their problem. They don't.

* Mr. Howlett glossed over the need to delete the unwanted assignments.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm with Ed on this one....  the easiest solution is to delete the key assignments that conflict with the hardware.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In the four posts prior to mine:

Capt Speirs: "I use FSUIPC4 exclusively."

steve howlett*: "i use Fsuipc to trigger reverse thrust with them."

Polar: "Best to delete all FS inputs, all, and use registered FSUIPC only for all inputs."

simmerhead: "Best solution is to learn to use FSUIPC."

That's four people focused on FSUIPC as the 'solution' when in fact the actual solution is simply to remove the unwanted assignments. It's all the OP really needed. No more, no less and certainly not four people implying the OP needs FSUIPC to solve their problem. They don't.

* Mr. Howlett glossed over the need to delete the unwanted assignments.

Telling someone what you use is suggestive, no where is anyone saying it is a must. 

Sorry for the advice.......I stand by my words and experience, the user can do w/ it as he or she wants.

All the guy really needed was information on how to correct his rather specific problem. No more, no less.

When the first four posts are all about using FSUIPC instead of FSX, the single spot where the correct answer was provided got lost in the noise.

Advice is a good thing, as long as it doesn't hide what you are truly seeking.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Advice is a good thing, as long as it doesn't hide what you are truly seeking.

Now there is a thought that is too seldom remembered around here.  Not picking solely at this topic.  Just supporting the statement in general.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thankyou all. I have FSUIPC registered copy. I am still trying to figure it out. The G and S keys were assigned to the joystick, deleted those entries and all is fine.

Thankyou all. I have FSUIPC registered copy. I am still trying to figure it out. The G and S keys were assigned to the joystick, deleted those entries and all is fine.

Enjoy your flying now, and good luck with your progress.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere