Sign in to follow this  

For the next version of FS, I want....

Guest Tomlin

Okay everyone, dont start a flame war please. I know it's been discussed before, and so here it goes again...MY wish list for the next version of FS. You may disagree or agree, but this is my 2 cent worth. Tell me what you think, but please dont make comments that MS may not release another version, or that it will be on some other platform. This is all in fun, AND an assumption that another version will be released one day, for a PC!Top Ten:Improved ATC engine, meaning that- A) we get the same features as Radar Contact, or in the least make it easier for add-on folks to improve the default ATC system... :( voice integration perhaps such as Vox ATC, but with much better sounding voices. This would be optional since most people dont know half of what we hardcore users know about the product when purchased off the shelfC) International voice sound set. When in England, a British accent, when in Germany, a German accent. You get the idea...D) Radar Contact only when we change the transponder from STBY to Mode C or Active.Improved Runway modeling, meaning that-A) Slopes are integrated properly:( Friction is modeled, allowing a wet runway to offer less traction for landings/takeoffs and the suchC) Improved Runway LightingImproved textures over-all, meaning that- A) We have seen recently how full size Level D simulator manufacturers are offering stellar looking graphics for the airport environment (go to www.cae.com and look at some vids) and they are supposedly using off the shelf graphic cards. Many have stated here that the graphics engine for FS is becoming outdated. Fix it!:( The Light modeling improved so that Landing/Taxi lights dont illuminate the ground with the force of the Sun, and the aircraft and AI anti collision lighting is smaller, more pin-like instead of globs of red, green, and white on the aircraft.thanks,Eric Twww.freewebs.com/flightlevel180

Gees, you don't want much do you? Just kidding. Here's my somewhat simpler list:1. A way to save a display settings "theme". This would allow you to simply load a text file or something instead of constantly adjusting the display sliders to accomodate the surrounding scenery or weather. (OK, maybe it's time for a 'puter upgrade :) )2. Being able to create and save your own weather themes (without going through all the hoopla that's necessary to do it now)3. It would be nice to be able to load a weather file from a previously saved flight. i.e., I'm flying along at FL320 200 NM from my destination and I decide I want to do a hard IFR ILS approach. I know that a flight I've previously saved has the weather I want, so I'd like to be able to simply load that .wx file and go.There's other stuff, but I can't think of it right now.Jim

removal of the fps counterremoval of all options that can mess up the way addons (especially scenery) is displayed, make it all automatedfully automated addon installer, and no way to mess with config files by handYou can probably tell I do customer support for some addons and get a lot of problems which are caused by users messing with things they don't understand :)

Guest JeanLuc_

2 and 3 sound to me like what Weather Maker Pro will offer when released!Hope this helps!

Guest ssurjap

SIDs and STARs, marshallers, more accurate ground control where they tell you, "turn left at ALPHA, right at BRAVO, right at ZULU" etc.

Okay, here's what I want:1.) A button on every panel of every trans-oceanic capable aircraft that will link to AVSIM's news feed so that pilots can read the news and forums while they fly those long hauls.2.) An algorythm build into the code that automatically blocks stupid posts to the forums at AVSIM.3.) A built in red wine dispenser so I don't have to go down stairs every time I need a top up.4.) A built in virtual "Tom" that allows me to stay home and fly all day long while the virtual "Tom" goes to work at my real job.That should do for the next release. I have a bunch more for the edition that follows. :)

And here's what I would like fixing in the next version...1. Deepening of the sky as altitude increases. At FL570 the sky should be nearly black.2. No stars showing until the sun has set please!3. After I've landed in overcast conditions I never feel I have gone through a cloud layer. It would be nice if the cloud was made to feel ... well, more like cloud.4. Turbulence and icing to be more realistically modelled.5. Ai aircraft to be more aware of turn-off points on a runway. 6. The SDKs to be released earlier to help with 3rd party development.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

...once again it still amazes me that no talks of the severe wind shifting bug above 18000 feet when using ANY real world wx.And no, this was not fixed by FSUIPC, it simply dampens the effect so that one does not shear the wings off (as stated by the FSUIPC developer).simply amazing.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest goon

Second the wine dispensor.But a what you really need is a virtual Tom (or Gareth, for me) to go to work all day while the real one stays home to fly.....

Even bigger, even better thunder-heads.Large areas of photo-scenery near large airports.As good as they are, even better accurately-modelled majorairports.More accurate default panels.International voice sets.Default cabin noises & cabin announcements.Curing the AI traffic at airports shuffling when cornering on taxi.Curing that funny pulsing effect, when haze is lapping roundmountains.Better river colours. They're all sky blue! Peter Sydney Australia

Dynamic scenery. Now real dynamic. Smooth moving cars animals in forest etc :). Smooth gauges and better damage modelling. If I overstress I want it to show. Instead of getting the overstressed message let me see visually if the flaps have jammed and let me try to save the day :). No overstessed message and walk over. Don