Sign in to follow this  
reyrey

does my unit meet the minimum requirement to use PMDG 777

Need your help.  I've been wanting to get the PMDG 777 but am not sure if my unit meets the minimum requirement.

My processor is a Pentium dual core E5200 @2.50 GHZ

Memory: 8 MB on a Win 7 64 bit OS

Graphics card is ASUS Radeon HD6450-SL with 2GB

I've been using the PMDG MD-11 and 747 400/8 with no issues with FSX.

Thanks for your help.

Rey

Your system can most definitely run the PMDG B77L. I've been flying the 777 on a bootcamped MacBook Pro which only has 4GB RAM, 512MB Graphics card and less processing power and still it runs the 777 flawlessly.

Rey,

Ultimately it depends on your scenery add-ons. If your going to run just the stock FSX, then I'd say yes, you'll most likely be able to run it. But if your like most of us , who need all the scenery eye candy available today, then you'll need more horse power IMHO.

Your processor is pretty far below the minimums we state - it will probably run but my guess would be not well, especially if you have a bunch of scenery, weather etc. FSX is very dependent on CPU power much moreso than GPU.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've been flying the 777 on a bootcamped MacBook Pro which only has 4GB RAM, 512MB Graphics card and less processing power and still it runs the 777 flawlessly.

Really? I've got the same hardware as you with both NVIDIA Insp. and fsx.cfg tweaked and low settings and it can barely handle the 777. Maybe I should double-check my settings...

Ryan:

Thank you for your reply. This simulator will just have to wait till I upgrade my CPU.  Too bad PMDG does not have a limited trial model that people can test on their units

Regards to all

Rey

Really? I've got the same hardware as you with both NVIDIA Insp. and fsx.cfg tweaked and low settings and it can barely handle the 777. Maybe I should double-check my settings...

I can probably run the PMDG 777X on my Mac because it has nothing except FSX installed on its Windows partition; so FSX had full unimpeded access to all the system resources. Also, I wasn't using the highest scenery settings.

As above; AMD A10-5700 APU

Radeon HD Graphics 3.40Ghz

8Gb Ram (7.90 GB usable)

Windows 8 64 Bit system

Before anyone says; I know the radeon HD graphics isn't as good as an Intel I also know Windows 8 is crap for FSX but surely this should be good enough to run any PMDG product?

Just to give the OP an idea, this is my system:

- Intel i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz

- ATI Radeon HD 5850

- 12GB DDR3 RAM

- Asus P7H55/USB3 motherboard

I've got FSX + FSGlobal 2010 + REX + UT + GE + AS v6.5

The 777 is "flyable" but not "enjoyable". I get usually around 20 FPS, drops to 15 and sometimes it raises to 25. But as an average I get 20 which is not smooth.

I just bought an Nvidia GTX 770 hoping that will boost my system and allow me to fly the T7 like a Sir. If it doesn't, I'll have to buy a processor cause I refuse to spend the money on a new top-notch GPU and still don't have a decent FSX rig. (Offtopic question, I'll see a huge impromevent with this new GPU, right?)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Rey,

Most important, if you have a comparably old processor like this one, is the clock frequency. The achievable framerate is more or less proportional to the processor clock frequency. In other words, if you can overclock your processor by increasing the frequency from 2.5Ghz to say 3.2Ghz, you will see a 28% FPS increase!

I am using the same processor with just a somewhat higher rated clock frequency (E8400). Through overclocking from 3.15GHz to 3.99GHz my framerate increased around by 27%. My PMDG 777 runs smooth with locked 30FPS except in areas with very dense scenery. Good luck!

Felix

Felix

Felix

Thank you for the suggestion. I am not sure if I can play around with the clock speed of my processor but will try that tonight.

Alpha Floor:

before you buy that Graphics card, see the reply from Ryan of PMDG: FSX is dependent on CPU power not the GPU.

Regards to all

Rey

yes you can run fsx without any problem. make sure  you tick off the ff:

- light bloom

- sun flare

- aircraft self shadow

and make sure to turn off the water and autogen settings.