Sign in to follow this  
flyboyza

Sudden problem with pmdg737ngx's fmc

Hallo guys, I'm new on this forum and went through a lot of previous posts, but could not find anything related to my problem.

I have flown the pmdg 737 ngx a few times and enjoyed it very much........suddenly when I loaded pmdg cold&dark setup and after I have connected ground power and done all the necessary steps to power the aircraft up, I was able to go into the fsx actions and the pmdg menus on the fmc. When I push the fmc button (LHK1) on the main menu of the fmc, to start with all my flight plan programming, nothing happened. I could not enter the fmc on the main menu. I also received a msg "Single fmc operation". Please guys....what am I doing wrong? Ive tried everything and could not enter the fmc on the main menu of the fmc. Hope somebody can help me.

Please guys....what am I doing wrong? Ive tried everything and could not enter the fmc on the main menu of the fmc. Hope somebody can help me.

You are not reading Tutorial 2.

Please sign you name per forum rules.

Michael Cubine

Michael Cubine
xVxT6x.jpg

I also received a msg "Single fmc operation". Please guys....what am I doing wrong? Ive tried everything and could not enter the fmc on the main menu of the fmc. Hope somebody can help me.

As Michael said, you should have a look at Tutorial #2.

Basically, SINGLE FMC OPERATION is part of the load shedding behavior of the aircraft.  It can't sustain both on battery power alone.  You need to apply a better source of power like ground power or the APU.

In order to request ground power, you must hold the MENU button down until the FMC turns on.  At that point, you can go into FS ACTIONS>, then GROUND CONNECTIONS> and select GROUND POWER.

All of this could have been explained a lot earlier, and better (with pictures) had you consulted the manuals/tutorials.  I'd suggest that as a practice next time.  Tutorials are worth their weight in gold.

Kyle Rodgers

i think someone has stolen Kyles account....

That was way, way to polite as a reply to someone that hasnt read the manual... :P :lol:

Luke Pype

Ok I have read and reread the tutorials and manuals. I have having trouble I get it to where it says Double FMC is allowed again but I cannot get the Captains FMC to turn back on. Please assist me in getting it to power back on. I cannot find it in the manuals.

Derek Manzanares

You must have the battery, and external, or apu, or engine generator power on.

DJ