Sign in to follow this  
Kermit27

VC Shadows

Hello,

noted that some aircraft have VC shadows and some not.

Will the updates and upcoming models come with VC shadows? These are visible in FSX in DX10 mode. Think same is with P3D2.

Best regards,

Axel

If you install the newest DX10 Fixer 2.0 and select both Enable HD Jet Shadows and Force VC Walls options, you'll get decent cockpit shadows if you enable them on the PMDG T7 model.

Hi,

I selected both options in the DX10 fixer, but don't see any option through the FMC to activate them in the 777 VC. Can you esplain how to do that?

Brgds,

Axel

There is no way to get 777 shadows. The NGX and 777 have copyright boxes around the cockpit, therefore blocking the vc.

You can now Alex. As Jason posted above. You must use the Dx10 toolbox though. NGX, it does not work so well.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The Shadows do look nice...however there is an impact on fps...

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Cannot get the shadows work in the VC of the 777. I have ticked the options in the DX10 fixer menu though.

Brgds,

Axel

Cannot get the shadows work in the VC of the 777. I have ticked the options in the DX10 fixer menu though.

Brgds,

Axel

Why not reading the dx10 fixer manual first ?

You need to run the dx10toolbox first. The navigate to aircraft and open "turn on vc shadows"

After that sect the .mdl file you want shadows being added.

After that make sure all prober selections in the dx10 fixer are made and start fsx.

Now you should see the shadows in you pmdg 777

Carsten

Thanks! Went through the manual and found it. Now issue solved!

Can you snap and upload a picture of the virtual cockpit with enabled DX10 shadows? Are you experiencing any fps loss? I'm still using DX10 without VC shadows but thinking about trying it out..

i already posted this in the offical DX10 fixer forum ;-)

6qz4432w.jpg

Carsten U

Guest Mik75

That looks beautiful! What about the fps impact?

That looks beautiful! What about the fps impact?

Honestly i can see no impact on FPS...

Grüße nach Frankfut !

Carsten

Guest Mik75

Honestly i can see no impact on FPS...

Grüße nach Frankfut !

Carsten

Thanks for the fast answer! (und die netten Grüsse!)

I am still on DX9, but the VC shadows are a very nice feature that makes me think about getting Steve's DX10 fixer anytime soon.

But as beautiful as it looks, I wouldn't want to loose some fps as they are already under 20 in some circumstances right now with DX9. (PMDG aircraft into Aerosoft, FSDT airport during heavy weather)

Thanks for the fast answer! (und die netten Grüsse!)I am still on DX9, but the VC shadows are a very nice feature that makes me think about getting Steve's DX10 fixer anytime soon. But as beautiful as it looks, I wouldn't want to loose some fps as they are already under 20 in some circumstances right now with DX9. (PMDG aircraft into Aerosoft, FSDT airport during heavy weather)

Well on my RIG DX10 gave always more FPS then DX9 did. For this reason i don't think your fps will get worse with dx10.

I would never go back to dx9 even if i could gain some fps.