Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

The Missile Knows Where It Is...

Why does this satiric narration about missile guidance systems bring to mind some of the "talking head experts" who've been crawling out to the woodwork these past few days? :LMAO:

Ah, the supreme eloquence of "techno-babble!"

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Nice one...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I always say from Looney Tunes, "It went that away" with an index  finger pointing in both directions.

BTW, 60 minutes had a section on drones this past Sunday showing the guy moving the drone three feet and then it moves back to where it was...

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Where-ever you go, there you are.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

This reminds one of the tale from the Manhattan Project- creation of the first A Bomb.

A congressman was being given a classified tour of progress and in departing the site he asked a lead scientist if there was any way Congress could assist.

The nuclear scientist replied jokingly that a change in the value of pi would be helpful.

As a result, a congressional bill to change pi was nearly ready to be introduced before somebody with smarts sidetracked it.

january

Why does this satiric narration about missile guidance systems bring to mind some of the "talking head experts" who've been crawling out to the woodwork these past few days? :LMAO:

We actually had an investigation which lasted over a year figure out why the missile thought it knew where it was but didn't know that it didn't know where it was.

scott s.

Bde,Bde,BDe, That's all Folks!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Fr. Bill, smiling and shaking my head.

I'm going to memorize that video and if my wife ever makes the mistake of accusing me of being lost I will recite the video at least twice. :Big Grin:

This should be part of a tutorial on how to sound smart with 5 brain cells or less.

Mel

BTW, 60 minutes had a section on drones this past Sunday showing the guy moving the drone three feet and then it moves back to where it was...

My wife has me move furniture like that. Three feet here and three feet there and three feet back. Does that mean I'm a drone? I robot? Well at least I know where I wasn't when I was wherever it was when I was where I shouldn't be. Anyway, I always end up where I'm right now after I was where I'm not now.

Mel