Sign in to follow this  
ChurliZa

EVGA GTX 780Ti Low FPS with PMDG737 and 777

hello guys my name is Diego and I am a professional pilot who loves FSX. Actually I am using the new card EVGA GTX 780Ti., and I  good computer with actually specifications are next amd9590FX 4.7Ghz , 16Gb memory ram 1866mhz corsair pro and the graphic card that I mentioned the GTX780Ti and ASUS motherboard  pro R2.0 well. I think with this computer complete the requirements for using PMDG Smoother , but it seems to be not working properly and it gets low FPS. Another situation that I need to talk about is the NVidia GTX780 Ti is designed for work in DirectX 10 instead of Direct9 and it has an extremely difference performance and big FPS using GTX780ti in DirectX 10   which is really good this works with defaults aircrafts on FSX using ORBX Global Base and VECTOR and also Ultra high settings in bad weather  which makes me  happy ,but When I use  PMDG the performance is really bad and I get between 8 , 25, and 30 FPS in extremely airport and it is not smooth even when I tweak my FSX.CFG , NVidia inspector and DirectX10 Fixer. If you know gus the solution for run smooth or get more FPS with PMDG I Would be extremely happy. thank you for your consideration, have a good day   

Hello,  You will need to sign your full name when Posting in the Forum-The Rules.  I am no expert but PMDG do not support DirectX10 and Nvidia graphic card is preferred by the majority of Simmers to the AMD versions.  Hope this helps.  Richard Welsh.   

Sorry, my error, I meant to say Intel cpu is preferred to AMD versions.

I think I read somewhere that Ti GPUs doesn't work well with PMDG or FSX. Maybe I misread it or someone could clarify it. Have you tweaked the hell out of the fsx.cfg? Did you use ******* 'Bojote' Altuve's guide?

I think I read somewhere that Ti GPUs doesn't work well with PMDG or FSX. Maybe I misread it or someone could clarify it. Have you tweaked the hell out of the fsx.cfg? Did you use ******* 'Bojote' Altuve's guide?

Jamie, I think you did misunderstand, 780TI is probably the best card for FSX at the moment.

@Churli, you should be getting very good performance with that machine on DX10. your GPU is faster then mine. I'll send you a PM tomorrow, you are better off asking over on the DX10 forum.

Regards

Rob Prest

The issue with the 780Ti is the shock you get when you run FSX for the first time and get the feeling it's not even 20% better than your 2 year old card! That's FSX fault unfortunately... For gaming this card is a beast, way more powerful than anything else on the market!

Alexis Mefano

Have you looked into the tweaking guide put out by avsim? You mentioned bad wx which may be overloading the graphics card depending on the settings, 20 layeres of 4k x 4k clouds at a major airport  with a PMDG product and you have a recipe to bring even the best hardware to its knees.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

The fact that you run the T7 in dx10 is a factor in the performance. Dx10 runs terribly with good AA , especially in any Pmdg plane.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

The fact that you run the T7 in dx10 is a factor in the performance. Dx10 runs terribly with good AA , especially in any Pmdg plane.

Absolute nonsense! No offence but you shouldn't comment on things you don't know about, it spreads misinformation.

Pics below where unfortunately taken in windowed mode (I was unable to take pics in fullscreen for some reason).  In full screen FPS almost doubles and AA is even more crisp.

1st pic, 30 FPS with cockpit shadows on DX10

All I did was use the DX10 fixer version 2 & D3D overrider.  My sim is smooth with high AA at all my airports, even with heavy weather.  The sim is even faster if I turn on Bloom

Looking back at these pics my image quality is massively better actually looking at my screen. The pics are just to show FPS

7771.png

7772.png

7773.png

Rob Prest

Absolute nonsense! No offence but you shouldn't comment on things you don't know about, it spreads misinformation.

Pics below where unfortunately taken in windowed mode (I was unable to take pics in fullscreen for some reason).  In full screen FPS almost doubles and AA is even more crisp.

1st pic, 30 FPS with cockpit shadows on DX10

All I did was use the DX10 fixer version 2 & D3D overrider.  My sim is smooth with high AA at all my airports, even with heavy weather.  The sim is even faster if I turn on Bloom

Looking back at these pics my image quality is massively better actually looking at my screen. The pics are just to show FPS

7771.png

7772.png

7773.png

Hey , just a quick question , your first pic seems to be showing cockpit shadows am I seeing things?

DX10 gives you cockpit shadows that move like real life. I see no performance hit on my system.

As mentioned, the OP's card  should be faster than mine, definitely something up with his FSX.cfg/inspector settings or something else.  DX10 should be making his sim smoother not slower 

Rob Prest

I would like to back Rob on what he has posted. 99% of my flights are in the T7, I fly mainly from Dubai to the 4 corners of the world, with fantastic performance. And the cockpit shadows are the icing on the cake.

If I fly from say LIMC to FSDT JFK, I disable the external model  ( as I mostly only fly in the VC )  for that extra bit of oomfp when flying into demanding areas like JFK, KLAX etc.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

My tuppence worth. I only run a fairly modest Gigabyte 560Ti NVidia card with a much older CPU and I have no FPS issues whatsoever using any of the PMDG aircraft,and off late, have been flying the T7 far more than any of the other PMDG aircraft as I'm making up time for being away from FSX for the last 5 months.

I wouldnt be using dx9 if I had no idea. Do me a favor, put some overcast clouds over that airport. Full overcast, with 8x Sgss. Then show me your frame rates inside of them.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Those previous screens are 8xSG  Why would you think i was lying?

New pic- I should add that once again this in windowed mode - My performance is much lower in windowed due to D3DOverrider.  I also added enhanced overcast for the screenshot ( I normally leave this off in ASN)  

I also added 1 overcast layer and a overcast thunderstorm on top. 

OMDB 241200Z 01014KT 9999 OVC030 OVC030CB 27/14 Q1011 RMK EDITED WEATHER

FPS 30 in windowed 50+ in fullscreen, I cant see any showdows, not sure if it is because of the overcast...

Sorry for the weird pic, I plugged my second monitor back in so it shows when I hit printscreen

storm.png

One last shot with shadows - Just using FSX default weather (overcast heavy rain)

shadow.jpg

Rob Prest