Sign in to follow this  
ankido

Few corrections in Tutorial 1

PMDG-737NGX Tutorial 1 page 30

You said 'Press the DEL key at the bottom of the CDU and then press LSK 6R to remove the speed and altitude restrictions'. You need to correct this sentence.  It's not LSK 6R, it's LSK 5R.

Also, you stated during pre check landing you want us to set the landing minimums by "clicking the outer EFIS control panel MINS knob to its RADIO setting then turning the smaller inner knob down to 100 feet radio altitude".  I do not understand where the EFIS is and where to make the change or the knob.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Isn't the EFIS where the BARO, CTR, RST and STD buttons are?  I don't see what you are talking about.

Thank you and great tutorial.

Edit: Got it!  RST knob.  

You need to correct this sentence.

Submit a support ticket over at support.precisionmanuals.com - I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing that it needs to be fixed (and that's the official avenue for support/reporting).  The forum is to get help from the community.

Little tip from a tech writer: it's better to say "the sentence should be corrected."  Passive voice is best for voicing problems.  It doesn't put anyone on the defensive.  You can carry that over to disagreements with anyone and I guarantee you'll fare a lot better.

Isn't the EFIS where the BARO, CTR, RST and STD buttons are?

I'm not sure how you're confused here.  It's asking you to use the outer MINS knob on the EFIS control panel.  You then refer to the same exact panel by noting the other buttons on the panel.

Take another look at the panel:

The knob itself is labeled "MINS" (above the knobs - not in the center).  The button in the middle is labeled "RST" for reset.  It serves a different purpose, which is why they referred to the knobs surrounding it (MINS knobs) rather than the button itself (RST button).

Also, since you said "correct me if you're wrong..."

The EFIS is the display suite entirely.  The EFIS control panel is technically that one panel (where the RST, STD, MINS, BARO labels are) that's being referred to in the tutorial (which is why they referred to it as the EFIS control panel).

Kyle Rodgers

Great, here comes the parade of "egghead imbecile's".  I should introduce you to my Berkeley grad friend.  You would think he's a moron on the Internet.  In public, he would make you look stupid(er).  Listen you unfriendly, mingy little twit.  This is not the educational system we joined for ENGRISH and GRAMAUR.  We are simply here for talking about Flight Simulation.  If you feel super about yourself correcting grammar on the Internet, by all means get yourself a new life.  

That was very rude of you.  I don't like you.  I will not like you.  Because of you, I will not post in these forums.  Next time, use better people skills.  I don't care how many posts you have or how long you've been here.  Your title still says member.  Unless a moderator tells me otherwise and locks this thread, your job is to...shhhhhhhhhh.  

Don't judge until you really know.  I have edgamacation bro.

Good day sir!!!

Lol  best post I have read  so far.  hope he doesn't  get banned,   looking fwd  to further  posts from him,  Whos his next target :wacko:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Great, here comes the parade of "egghead imbecile's".  I should introduce you to my Berkeley grad friend.  You would think he's a moron on the Internet.  In public, he would make you look stupid(er).  Listen you unfriendly, mingy little twit.  This is not the educational system we joined for ENGRISH and GRAMAUR.  We are simply here for talking about Flight Simulation.  If you feel super about yourself correcting grammar on the Internet, by all means get yourself a new life.  

That was very rude of you.  I don't like you.  I will not like you.  Because of you, I will not post in these forums.  Next time, use better people skills.  I don't care how many posts you have or how long you've been here.  Your title still says member.  Unless a moderator tells me otherwise and locks this thread, your job is to...shhhhhhhhhh.  

Don't judge until you really know.  I have edgamacation bro.

Good day sir!!!

Fascinating really. Good luck on these forums "Bro"

Kyle is not RUDE, but simply REALISTIC. If you insist on portraying yourself as intellectually superior, you better back it up. I tell my employees a simple phrase, if you spout ignorance and stupidity in my midst, you don't belong in this workshop. And this is because I know they are more intelligent than what they are doing or saying or thinking. I therefore expect more intelligent answers and reasoning from them. I believe at times Kyle, myself, and many others on this forum strive for similar outcomes. Happy to help those who humbly ask for help, but quick to cut those down who treat this very complex and technical hobby with the proverbial grain of salt. It is disrespectful to those who developed the products and those who strive to master them.

If you want an easy to use "game" simulator, the gliders in Far Cry 3 are quite easy to fly. They even sort of adhere to aerodynamic principles, and you usually don't die no matter the landing.

NOTE: I found it quite hard to understand some of your words, please do us all a favour and include a small dictionary and or thesaurus on your subsequent posts. And no a Thesaurus is not a dinosaur species.

Great, here comes the parade of "egghead imbecile's". I should introduce you to my Berkeley grad friend. You would think he's a moron on the Internet. In public, he would make you look stupid(er). Listen you unfriendly, mingy little twit. This is not the educational system we joined for ENGRISH and GRAMAUR. We are simply here for talking about Flight Simulation. If you feel super about yourself correcting grammar on the Internet, by all means get yourself a new life.

...which is funny because I wasn't correcting grammar at all.  If anything, I was suggesting a change in word use in an effort to help you come across better.  Sadly, there wasn't a single word in my original post that should have been taken harshly (which is saying something, as I typically don't make the effort - for those of you in the forum who wonder why...this is why...).  Such is life with interacting with humans: you offer a little constructive criticism to help someone out and it's apparently a giant stab to ones core values.

I wasn't attempting to correct you, or police you.  I was simply offering to you a new way to interact more neutrally with people.  This may not be ENGRISH or GRAMAUR school, but it definitely is a place where people interact.  As such, avoiding coming off as accusatory is generally a tactic that is well received by anyone with a pulse.  Based on your response to my original (notably neutral) post, it's nice to see you've learned from the discourse...

That was very rude of you. I don't like you. I will not like you. Because of you, I will not post in these forums. Next time, use better people skills. I don't care how many posts you have or how long you've been here. Your title still says member. Unless a moderator tells me otherwise and locks this thread, your job is to...shhhhhhhhhh.

It was not rude at all. If anything, I was simply trying to help.  Furthermore, I wasn't at all trying to moderate, so I'm not sure what your other point is about in terms of my status here.  Quit with the inferiority complex and simply look back at what was said: I offered a tactic to avoid confrontation and you took it in the complete opposite direction.

Don't judge until you really know. I have edgamacation bro.

First, if you do, act like it.

Second:

Judgment would be calling you stupid, dismissing you, assigning a value to you, or otherwise taking my opinion of you and passing it off as a fact.

Heck, I didn't even tell you that you were wrong (go back and have a look - nowhere in there did I say you were at all wrong).  I simply said, "[p]assive voice is best for voicing problems. It doesn't put anyone on the defensive."

Please, in all of your "edgamacated" glory, explain to me how I judged you, or otherwise was rude to you.  I even went on to explain the issue you were having with EFIS versus EFIS control panel, and the various buttons and knobs.  All helpful.

Something I note to just about anyone whose work I review:

If I make your work bleed with red pen, it isn't an affront; rather, it's that I'm trying to help you make it better.  I offered a suggestion.  If you don't like it, ignore it.

Kyle Rodgers

Don't feed the troll, Kyle. Rise above it and give it a wide berth. This Community already knows all there is to know about you, so you most certainly do not need approval from.............well,,,,,Fabo summed it up brilliantly.

Don't feed the troll, Kyle. Rise above it and give it a wide berth. This Community already knows all there is to know about you, so you most certainly do not need approval from.............well,,,,,Fabo summed it up brilliantly.

haha - good point.  Thanks Rick.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, what have you done...  :O   I guess he didn't see Care Bears.  :lol:  Seriously, some people do not know/want to appreciate will, time and effort required for just one helpful post to be made by community members.