Sign in to follow this  

P3DV2.2 Beta 2 info/video

I really want to see them innovate and create something that will blow us away.

If LM comes with 64-bit version of P3D - they will own the skies.  That will obviate the VAS issue for once and for all, and then all the development can go nuts.  But even as-is, it's drop-dead beautiful.  When REX Weather Direct 4 comes out, that should be astounding as well, I hear no more 'popping' of clouds as weather changes.  It is supposed to be 'seamless' - and if that's true, boy howdy!  Their Direct Texture 4 package adds quite a bit to the airport runways and lighting.  The weather product is in beta and projected for about 30 days out for release, unofficial and strictly hush-hush. 

Right now I'm looking for a 737 so I can fly my glass cockpit in P3D.  Also, I'm struggling trying to get a decent sync between 3 monitors and 3 pcs.  I have it working, but any kind of serious change in pitch, the horizon breaks apart across the 180 degrees FOV.  I keep thinking there must be something I'm missing.  Yes, I know I could run 3 monitors off the back of my GTX Titan on the center PC, but I prefer to divvy up the eye candy tasks to free the PC(s) to do the REST of the sim work.  Example of the issue is here: Especially at about 1:17 look at the horizon break apart due to pitch.  Be sure to select 1080p on the YouTube viewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XVJaYnq4fM&list=UUmq9-ISD8eVk1Zc0nbwTLmQ

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Thanks for all the kind words ... but LM should get credit for all the truly hard work, I just tested from a "consumers" perspective.

Yes, I can only imagine what it was like in the LM trenches but you were our connection to LM while they

worked.  We could "see" their work through your pics and videos.

New SSD waiting for V2.2 :-)

Ken

Also, I'm struggling trying to get a decent sync between 3 monitors and 3 pcs.

Nice work Robert, what are you using between PC's 10Gpbs - or is that overkill for amount of data transfer?  

Sounds like you might have a latency issue across PC ... are all 3 PC's identical (hardware, OS, etc.)?

Nice work Robert, what are you using between PC's 10Gpbs - or is that overkill for amount of data transfer?  

Sounds like you might have a latency issue across PC ... are all 3 PC's identical (hardware, OS, etc.)?

Center-  i7 4.73 GHZ GTX Titan 6GB VRAM

Wings  i5  3.5 GHZ   GTX 770 OC 4GB VRAM

Gigabit network.  No latency.  In XPlane 10 get killer frames no lag on 3 screens of any kind.  Multi-Channel is needed, sad that LM pulled it, very sad.  The "MULTIPLAYER" isn't ideal.  WideView I cannot seem to make work (I think it's simply too long since they updated it) in P3D v 2.2.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

WideView I cannot seem to make work (I think it's simply too long since they updated it) in P3D v 2.2.

I was just about to suggest OpusFSX for Wideview ... what's the issue there?

WideView I cannot seem to make work (I think it's simply too long since they updated it) in P3D v 2.2.

WideView works fine on my system (2 PCs). If you mean WideView is not saving it's settings, this could be fixed by EMT (virtual FSX mode On) or manually by creating folder %AppData%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D and setting WV to work with P3D.

WideView doesn't know P3D v2, so it tries to save it's settings in v1 folder and fails if you don't have it.

Otherwise it works as it should and expected.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

WideView works fine on my system (2 PCs). If you mean WideView is not saving it's settings, this could be fixed by EMT (virtual FSX mode On) or manually by creating folder %AppData%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D and setting WV to work with P3D.

WideView doesn't know P3D v2, so it tries to save it's settings in v1 folder and fails if you don't have it.

Otherwise it works as it should and expected.

Hi Artem, thanks for your response.  I created an extra folder in AppData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D as you suggested.

Now just so I'm clear, I use the EMT to install WideView into P3D v2 yes?

And it will save the settings in the 'wrong' folder (P3D) instead of P3D v2 Folder?  Or do I need to do that somehow?

Thank you!

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Example of the issue is here: Especially at about 1:17 look at the horizon break apart due to pitch.

Robert, try disabling all VC head momentum effects and see if that improves things.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Now just so I'm clear, I use the EMT to install WideView into P3D v2 yes?

And it will save the settings in the 'wrong' folder (P3D) instead of P3D v2 Folder?  Or do I need to do that somehow?

No need to do both. Creating folder manually will be enough. EMT will just do the same for you. Choose 'Prepar3D' option during WideView installation and point the installer to your P3Dv2 folder. After flight load make desired settings in WV, exit the sim and check the dummy P3Dv1 folder - you should see the wideviewx.ini file there.

On my system WideView works without EMT right now.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

No need to do both. Creating folder manually will be enough. EMT will just do the same for you. Choose 'Prepar3D' option during WideView installation and point the installer to your P3Dv2 folder. After flight load make desired settings in WV, exit the sim and check the dummy P3Dv1 folder - you should see the wideviewx.ini file there.

On my system WideView works without EMT right now.

Yes, what I did was I copied the relevant XML code from the DLL in the dummy P3Dv1 folder and pasted them into the DLL.XML file in P3D v2, and that makes Wideview appear in the add-ons menu in P3D v. 2.2.  That's the good news.

THE BAD NEWS is that I'm having the devil of the time configuring the triple screens on triple PCs.  LAG is a polite word.  HORRIBLE LAG would be a better one.  I dumped $40 for this thinking it would work better than Multi-Player in P3D v2.  Not!!!  Although there is some break apart of the views in Multi-Player (built in to P3D v2), the Wideview is just terrible.

Could you share a screen shot of your wideview configuration settings, please, Artem?

Thank you.

Robert, try disabling all VC head momentum effects and see if that improves things.

gb.

Are you referring to P3D Multi-Player or to WideView?

Thanks for this- I did purchase the iFly NG for P3D and have it working.  Right now the triple-view issue may prove a deal-breaker.  If I cant get smooth graphics on 3 pcs I am not going to be happy with an otherwise GREAT simulation platform.  I'm honestly stunned that this issue even exists, as everything ELSE in P3D v 2.2 is the BEST.

Got Wideview working, HUGE disappointment - horrid lag - and not a 'little bit' but severe lag.  Entire view loses sync almost every moment.  

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Could you share a screen shot of your wideview configuration settings, please, Artem?

Here you are:

Server side

server.png

Client side

client.png

On my side lag is caused by high intellismooth values. And some stuuters could appear because of frame rate lock. Server should work at the same or higher FPS than clients.

Also you could switch off the spot view mode if you don't need it. And note that WideView could not diable dynamic head movement automatically - you should do it manually by setting all corresponding settings in prepar3d.cfg to zeros.

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=0
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0
YawAccelOnHeadLat=0
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0
MaxHeadAngle=0
MaxHeadOffset=0
HeadMoveTimeConstant=0

(Sorry, thought I already own WidwView for all these experiments)

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Are you referring to P3D Multi-Player or to WideView?

AS Artem says:

by setting all corresponding settings in prepar3d.cfg to zeros.

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=0
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0
YawAccelOnHeadLat=0
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0
MaxHeadAngle=0
MaxHeadOffset=0
HeadMoveTimeConstant=0

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

AS Artem says:

by setting all corresponding settings in prepar3d.cfg to zeros.

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=0

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0

YawAccelOnHeadLat=0

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0

MaxHeadAngle=0

MaxHeadOffset=0

HeadMoveTimeConstant=0

gb.

thanks for clarifying.  Sadly, I am foregoing WidevieW in lieu of P3D MultiPlayer.  For my money Multiplayer, though NOT perfect, is far superior to W.V.  Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but it was simply not working for me, not even a little bit.  STUTTERS and worse.  Far far far out of sync.  Thank you for trying to help me.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

guys, i really want to have cloud shadows, cockpit shadows and volumetric fog.

i have gtx660ti, 2500k with 4.3 ghz. can my pc handle it with this features?

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903