Sign in to follow this  
jcverrett

VoxATC 6.34 Bug?

I downloaded and installed VOXATC 6.34 today. It is working fine until you close down FSX or P3D v2.1, the voxatcserver.exe (Voxpopserver continues as it is supposed to) continues to run and is not closing once either sim is shut down. I discovered this after setting VOXATC up today. I went in and out of the sim 4 times to make adjustments and every time I started VOXATC my system became very bogged down. I opened task manager and there where 4 instances of VOXATC running. So I rebooted my computer and they where gone until I stared up VOX again. I went in and out of the sim (Both FSX and P3D) and every time I stared VOXATC another instance would startup. I had to use task manager or reboot my system to shut down before I could start a new flight. I uninstalled/reinstalled to see if that would fix it. No joy. I can repeat this every time.

I have reported this and was just wondering if anyone else has seen this? I may have to uninstall it again and I really don't want to if I don't have too... :unsure: :blush: So if you know how to fix this I'm all ears! :P

Voxatc does not seem to shut down with FSX/P3D when you close the sim.

If you disable VOXatc before shutting down the sim, it is not still running if you restart the sim.

Usually these sort of applications close down automatically when the parent program is terminated, but not in this case apparently.

I may be totally wrong of course! In any event thanks for pointing that out, I will make sure I disable VOXatc before I exit the sim, in future.

You guys are doing better than I am. I installed 6.34 today and all I get is FATAL ERROR!. I just used the previous version earlier today.

NAX669.png

After uninstalling it again for a second time and reinstalling it seams to have cured the problem. And BTW I love how the AI traffic has been fixed so that I don't arrive at an empty destination anymore.

Jon  

After uninstalling it again for a second time and reinstalling it seams to have cured the problem. And BTW I love how the AI traffic has been fixed so that I don't arrive at an empty destination anymore.

Jon  

I had the same experience. After a reinstall it worked great. My one big complaint with VOX has been the lack of enroute traffic. It appears that Tegwyn has fixed that issue. I think I can finally retire my other ATC programs.

NAX669.png

Anyone know if Vox atc can be run on a network machine?

ZORAN

Anyone know if Vox atc can be run on a network machine?

From the Vox website FAQ:

Can VoxATC X be run on a 2nd PC via WideFS

No, The current version must run on the same machine as MSFS so that the prompt window can be updated. Future versions will work remotely.

Thanks  :biggrin:  , but that message has been there for 4 years lol, I think its safe to say there will never be a "future wide client version" 

ZORAN

I find 6.34 is ok with my PMDG 737 ngx ( if a little buggish) - they are working on this but 6.34 doesn't work with my PMDG MD11 or 777; no idea why. Tegwyn thought it was a panel config thing but says that's fine. I stopped the anti virus from scanning both fsx and vtc6.34 but that's not the answer. I sim a lot of long haul but it's not happening with Vox at the moment.

Has vox atc fixed the bug yet?

ZORAN