Sign in to follow this  
spv1

What scenery & addons were used in (CADET TRAINING videos)

Bit of a side topic but its vaugely related!

Just wondering what spec your pc is as I'm just updating mine from my trusty overclocked 4.2GHz core 2 duo (yes its old but it works!) and wondered how "silly" I should go with my new build :D

Ash

Hello Ash,

The PC we used for the Cadet training was a 3970X overclocked to 4.8ghz with an original Titan GPU. We used FSX with good old DX9 and the tweaks from Word Not Allowed, formerly of this parish. The FO training was shot on our new rig, which has a Skylake 6700k @4.8 ghz and a 980Ti GPU.

We've moved to DX10 since, using the tweaks from the 'DX10 how to' pdf that you'll find floating around the forums somewhere. Why not P3D? Well I prefer the look and colour palate of FSX, to be honest and the cloud generation in P3D looks like little balls of cotton wool. In FSX you get those wonderful towering huge CB clouds.

You don't need to go crazy. The rig we use now is pretty much as fast it gets for gaming and it was less than £2000.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Hi Ben

First of all great work on the Q400  :wink: Just finished watching the cadet version and got to know how to fly the this lovely aircraft. One question......I have also downloaded shade and was hoping if i could ask wot settings you used? I'm also in FSX (SE)........

Thanks again

Mark.

Hi Ben

First of all great work on the Q400  :wink: Just finished watching the cadet version and got to know how to fly the this lovely aircraft. One question......I have also downloaded shade and was hoping if i could ask wot settings you used? I'm also in FSX (SE)........

Thanks again

Mark.

Hi Mark

The preset we used was (ironically) Mark's Final, which seems to give the best balance of depth. Some of the Shade presets are too gloomy. Hope that helps! 

Ben

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com