Sign in to follow this  
spv1

What scenery & addons were used in (CADET TRAINING videos)

I would be interested in finding out what, if anything, was used for the ATC and radio interaction, or was that all "staged" for the effect... I know the ATIS was ASN...

But what about ATC for departure/approach, the cabin announcements (Is that part of the Q400?), and the ground interaction?

Thanks

A

all the atc  was done  by Josh

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ah, okay... thanks

A

Any chance of a screenshot of the REX settings? 

In particular the clouds? 

They look very nice indeed! 

Thanks for your great videos! 

Would it be possible to get the AS Next settings, especially for upper and ground visibility? 

best regards, Mathias

Earthsimulations.com appears to be down and I cant find any vendors that sell this scenery...anybody know how to get their scenery add-ons?  Also wondering if the UK2000 scenery is compatible with P3Dv2 as this is the sim platform I use with A2S.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Thanks for the reply Ben.  And thanks very much for the top quality Q400 training videos!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

I was sure you also used ENB. How did you achieve such whiteness and contrast in clouds and sky? Post-production effects?

Yes it was added in with post production using Adobe After Effects. I found ENB made my sim unstable and as you can imagine when we're recording stuff the last thing we want is random crashes, especially when we've spent hours on a particular section....

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks for your great videos! 

Would it be possible to get the AS Next settings, especially for upper and ground visibility? 

Hi Ben, I'm a bit behind the times i know, but really quite new to the flight sim world. Thought i'd begin at the beginning and have recently bought your excellent Q400 cadet training vids. I'm blown away!, really great quality. Just wondering what your REX settings were or do you have a theme to share? I noticed further up this thread that certain vendors may have been offering discounts to some of the scenery addons, do you know if this is still the case?

Once i've mastered the Q400 cadet level i'll be into the FO series for sure. Keep up the great work.

Rick

Hi Ben, I'm a bit behind the times i know, but really quite new to the flight sim world. Thought i'd begin at the beginning and have recently bought your excellent Q400 cadet training vids. I'm blown away!, really great quality. Just wondering what your REX settings were or do you have a theme to share? I noticed further up this thread that certain vendors may have been offering discounts to some of the scenery addons, do you know if this is still the case?

Once i've mastered the Q400 cadet level i'll be into the FO series for sure. Keep up the great work.

Rick

Hi Rick, thanks for the kind comments.

We actually recorded the Cadet series using the then current version of REX which was REX Essential Plus Overdrive (rolls off the tongue, that one) so if you're using the latest version of REX then the settings won't be of much use as they've all been renamed. I recall we used the 'perfect polluted' sky colour but beyond that I'm afraid it was 3 years ago so it's lost in the mists of time. Also we used a considerable amount of post production colour adjustment and processing so you have to take the look of the films with a pinch of salt. The raw footage looked very different.

In terms of sceneries, the Earth Simulations sceneries are kicking around on disc (although did I read that they'd sold out?) although ES did offer a special deal on them back in the day. I understand that they sold many more copies of IOM after we released the Cadet course. Now sadly they have gone out of business, a huge loss to the industry. The other sceneries however are very much still available from UK2000 at a reasonable price, although there is no discount for our viewers.

Hope that helps a little and I look forward to welcoming you as a First Officer soon!

Cheers

Ben.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Hi Rick, thanks for the kind comments.

We actually recorded the Cadet series using the then current version of REX which was REX Essential Plus Overdrive (rolls off the tongue, that one) so if you're using the latest version of REX then the settings won't be of much use as they've all been renamed. I recall we used the 'perfect polluted' sky colour but beyond that I'm afraid it was 3 years ago so it's lost in the mists of time. Also we used a considerable amount of post production colour adjustment and processing so you have to take the look of the films with a pinch of salt. The raw footage looked very different.

In terms of sceneries, the Earth Simulations sceneries are kicking around on disc (although did I read that they'd sold out?) although ES did offer a special deal on them back in the day. I understand that they sold many more copies of IOM after we released the Cadet course. Now sadly they have gone out of business, a huge loss to the industry. The other sceneries however are very much still available from UK2000 at a reasonable price, although there is no discount for our viewers.

Hope that helps a little and I look forward to welcoming you as a First Officer soon!

Cheers

Ben.

Hi Ben, Thanks for getting back to me and so promptly too. Looking forward to the first officer training. Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Bit of a side topic but its vaugely related!

Just wondering what spec your pc is as I'm just updating mine from my trusty overclocked 4.2GHz core 2 duo (yes its old but it works!) and wondered how "silly" I should go with my new build :D

Ash