Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Sweet FX or similar light/colour enhancement

HI all

Is anyone using additional addons to enhance the colour/light environment in P3D ?  Sometimes the colours appear slightly muted and flat, and I think Jeroen raised the point previosuly about light intensity (real sunlight environment).  Just wondering what others are doing?

Cheers

eric

I would like to know too.  I understand that SweetFX works and I am curious if anyone has used Shade.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I use SweetFX in P3D without any problems.

It runs great and gives the perfect colors.

I use sweetfx as well with no probs.

I use only these 2 settings in the "SweetFX_settings.txt", nothing else.

Lumasharpen

#define sharp_strength 1.0339
#define sharp_clamp    0.0494

Lift,Gamma,Gain

#define RGB_Lift  float3(1.03390, 1.01745, 1.00100) 
#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.01745, 1.00100, 0.975825) 
#define RGB_Gain  float3(1.00100, 0.975825, 0.950650)

Which gets rid of the blur and the blue haze.

I use SweetFx also and since I discovered how it gets rid of the DirectX grey veil, I'm using it

for all DX apps (games). Especially TS2014 benefits from SweetFX because from its own

rendering its almost a grey scale scene, so there is where I added a lot of vibrance.

In P3D I only use the following with just tiny amounts:

Lumasharpen

Bloom

Liftgammagain (for contrast and darker nights)

Vibrance

Curves

Dither

Prepar3D v2.2 doesn't use DX9... so I have to ask, how on earth would SweetFX work with it since SweetFX has a replacement DLL that replaces a DX9 DLL.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Prepar3D v2.2 doesn't use DX9... so I have to ask, how on earth would SweetFX work with it since SweetFX has a replacement DLL that replaces a DX9 DLL.

From the readme Ed ;-) (it has also a dll for DX10/11)

Not that I would use it with the HDR in place from the sim...

- Version 1.5.1

SweetFX is a universal image improvement and tweaking mod,

that works with almost any 32bit (and hopefully soon 64bit) DirectX 9, 10 or 11 game or application.

André

Well, I installed it as is... and it dropped my frame rates down 1 fps. Seriously?? LMAO How is THAT an improvement? :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well, I installed it as is... and it dropped my frame rates down 1 fps. Seriously?? LMAO How is THAT an improvement? :)

Ed as stated I don't use it with the HDR in place in the sim which I like more ;-) Just sharing what is in the readme from the dev of sweetFX...

But maybe tweaked correct user have a lower FPS loss as with HDR, I have only experience with the dll in FSX DX9 and DX10...

So maybe fellow simmers care to share there experience in p3dv2.2

André

It seriously messes with frame rates any time you access the menu. Something about that is just weird and wrong at the same time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It seriously messes with frame rates any time you access the menu. Something about that is just weird and wrong at the same time.

That has something to do with how FSX/P3D render the menu`s in another thread.

btw i experience "0" FPS loss with Sweetfx when flying, your fps-loss probably depends on what features of sweetfx you have turned on, as i mentioned i only use Lumasharpen and LiftGammaGain.

(The zero FPS loss is why i use Sweetfx and have the internal HDR turned off, since HDR does make my fps go down.)