Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Ftx-G Airport Pack 11...hot Off The Press Today!

So, how many airports total have been released, if you know off hand, and  are all of these airports inside of an ORBX region?

Bob

So, how many airports total have been released, if you know off hand, and  are all of these airports inside of an ORBX region?

Just counted them, the NA/EU freeware packs contain a total of 130 airports, plus the Freeware section of the Orbx website includes EDBH.

All those airports were designed with FTX Global Base & Vector in mind, and not all of them are inside Orbx regions. For example, the Europe and Hawaii packs. The North America packs might also include airports outside the regions but I haven't looked them up all.

EDIT: Here's a map that includes all airports from NA packs 1-9: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zs_h86eTZITU.kJzuRfqhUy8k

Anyone got the link to the map that shows all the airports the different packs cover? I think I saw it at one point. 

Just counted them, the NA/EU freeware packs contain a total of 130 airports, plus the Freeware section of the Orbx website includes EDBH.

All those airports were designed with FTX Global Base & Vector in mind, and not all of them are inside Orbx regions. For example, the Europe and Hawaii packs. The North America packs might also include airports outside the regions but I haven't looked them up all.

EDIT: Here's a map that includes all airports from NA packs 1-9: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zs_h86eTZITU.kJzuRfqhUy8k

Thanks Much! I would assume then that the elevations may be wrong if you are using default scenery or GEX.

Bob

Anyone got the link to the map that shows all the airports the different packs cover? I think I saw it at one point. 

In the post above you.

Thanks Much! I would assume then that the elevations may be wrong if you are using default scenery or GEX.

Bob

Yes, some are having elevation problems when using these airports with default mesh. FS Global 2010 should fix them.

In the post above you.

Yes, some are having elevation problems when using these airports with default mesh. FS Global 2010 should fix them.

Darn, well I guess I will wait until I can get the Global package.

Bob

Bob

Well, there has been 11 packs for North America, and now 2 for Europe...so about 130 or so airports and airfields!

Bob

I can't tell you that, Bob, as I have had FSX-G from its RTM.  They all work wonderfully with that product in place.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.