Sign in to follow this  
cckeating

Help me pick an airbus!

I would caution against the JAR.  I have had it for a couple days and so far feel like I paid 60 USD to be a beta tester for it.  I have been emailing back and forth with the creator more than I've been flying it.  First I couldn't get a complete list of SIDs and STARs for certain airports, then the flightpath wouldn't show up on the display, and now at certain airports I can't even do something as simple as add a direct waypoint.  It works fine at one airport and at another you click the respective LSK and nothing happens.  This plane is all over the place.

Have to agree, it's a looker but systems-wise is quirky and not in the same league as FlightFactor's offerings.

Oh looks wise it's gorgeous but it creates some really wacky approaches for me.  Every flight I seem to have to delete a few waypoints to smooth out the route.  I guess I'll keep using it since despite it's faults, it'll make a long trip without crashing unlike FSX.

Joseph Catino

I have the JARDesign A320 and Peter's A321. I love both! Peter's Airbus's flight dynamics are far superior, in my opinion of course. However, JAR's Airbus has a lot more system depth, and is more customisable (Sharklets/Winglets, tons more liveries etc.) 

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Guest Mik75

I have the JARDesign A320 and Peter's A321. I love both! Peter's Airbus's flight dynamics are far superior, in my opinion of course. However, JAR's Airbus has a lot more system depth, and is more customisable (Sharklets/Winglets, tons more liveries etc.)

There is defintely no better Airbus FBW simulation (including all protections) available for any sim platform than the one programmed by QPAC (can be found in their own A320 and in Peter Hager's A320/321 and A380)

My preferred Airbus is most definitely Peters Aircraft A320 & 321. Don't let yourself be fooled by missing gadgets and the red line on the ND. There is some serious custom code going on under the hood. I prefer less items to be implemented, but what is in the simulation, has to work realistically, predictable and reliably!

Peters Airbus is a precision instrument. Hand flying SIDs and STARs or non precision approaches in it is so much fun and as real as it gets!

I strongly encourage everyone who owns one of Peters more recent releases (A380, A321 and 320) to read the manual and perform the tutorial flights. It teaches you a lot about the systems and the procedures used in an Airbus!

I would second JAR

Is there a link to it? Thanks.

Thanks, Jesse. Alas, X-Plane. Ah well, until the day comes when I invest in a totally different sim, I guess I'll pass. Have already spent a mint on FSX. Wish this and other X-Plane releases had come out much earlier when CoF(FS9) was reaching its zenith.

Thanks, Jesse. Alas, X-Plane. Ah well, until the day comes when I invest in a totally different sim, I guess I'll pass. Have already spent a mint on FSX. Wish this and other X-Plane releases had come out much earlier when CoF(FS9) was reaching its zenith.

You do realize this is an X-plane Airbus thread?  :Black Eye:

Any suggestions for the best learning for the Jar A320.

I have watched many of the videos etc.

Gone thru the Fcom docs.

Seem to miss the actual Jar operations  ie:  little things like how to show the airport diagram on the cockpit glass screen, found by accident.

Things that are different from the real plane to the sim cockpit.

Better still would be tutorial flight from A to B, so I could get a better feel for this plane,

with what button to push/pull to do everyday things, different from Boeing's  :lol:

Trevor Golding

My preferred Airbus is most definitely Peters Aircraft A320 & 321

Mik75, can you answer some questions about Peters aircraft, if you have time?

-is there a function to start the plane from different states (cold and dark, engines running, ect.)?

-does the panel save state? (can i save at the outer marker for instance to practice ILS procedures)?

-how comprehensive is the FMC? (I'm not yet familiar with the airbus term for this)

-does the package include tutorial flights in the documentation, and how is the documentation overall?

Thanks very much for your help.

Guest Mik75

Mik75, can you answer some questions about Peters aircraft, if you have time?

-is there a function to start the plane from different states (cold and dark, engines running, ect.)?

-does the panel save state? (can i save at the outer marker for instance to practice ILS procedures)?

-how comprehensive is the FMC? (I'm not yet familiar with the airbus term for this)

-does the package include tutorial flights in the documentation, and how is the documentation overall?

Thanks very much for your help.

Although I never tried it, "cold & dark" and "running engines" should be available as possible panel states (according to Peters Aircraft's website, I posted the link below)

I don't know if it works to place the aircraft on an approach with everything working and set up correctly.

Here is what I do:

I program a base training pattern at an airport, so I take off from a runway, usually follow a SID or at least a part of it, fly directly into the approach thereafter and land the aircraft on the same runway I took off from to perform a touch and go. This can be repeated several times. The departure and the whole approach should be flown by hand. The route can be saved, I've done that for several airports, some of them with demanding approaches (LOWI, LPMA, etc.).

The FMGS is not as deeply modeled and as complete as it is in the JARDesign. There is no complete vertical guidance. So, top of descend has to be calculated manually. Once again, that could be seen as a disadvantage. For me, it's a positive thing, because you have to do some work, you have to understand things, you have to check your charts, enter altitude constraints (which are not busted in Peters Airbusses!) and plan your flight. The things that are implemented (Cost index, lateral navigation, etc.) work very realistically and flawlessly.

The manual is excellent, it offers several tutorial flights which show you the capabilities of this addon and help you to understand Airbus systems, how it is flown, etc.

The 3D cockpit is top notch and the displays (ECAM, PFD) are very smooth and are modeled very closely to the real thing. The ND uses some X-Plane default stuff (red route line, symbols for airports, navaids, weather radar) but still does its job quite well!

Last but not least, with 39,-€ for one model (A320 or 321 with either IAE or CFM engines) it has a very fair price!

Here is the link to the feature list of Peter's A320/321:

http://petersuv.vs120062.hl-users.com/A320/FramesA321CFM-1.html

One more thing, and I hope that won't be seen as some kind of adversting: I stream X-Plane flights on twitch.tv regularly and I use Peter's Airbusses very often. You are very welcome to join us on a future flight, ask your questions on the stream and watch me performing a flight. (including planning the route, setting up the aircraft from cold and dark, etc.)

www.twitch.tv/schmeichel75

You do realize this is an X-plane Airbus thread?

My bad. Realised it too late. Mia Culpa!