Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamalf-97

Purchasing PMDG 777

Hello,

I recently tried to buy the 777 on the PMDG website and I went through all the steps without a problem. But on the last at the end when it directs me to the download page it says, "Error 4: Your order needs to be reviewed for security purposes. Please Contact PMDG Support." It also says that if I retry purchasing the product it will be declined. 

I have a registered PMDG account and I know that there aren't any problems with my account details because i have bought other things online with the same details and card before. Does anybody know what could be wrong with it? I'd appreciate the help

Thanks,

Jamal

Hi Jamal,

I can imagine how frustrating this is, but it does not sound like the sort of problem that can be resolved on the forum.  Instead of trying to get people to guess about it here, your best bet is to submit a ticket on the customer support section of the PMDG website.  In my experience, the PMDG team members are generally pretty prompt in getting back to you (usually in a few hours).  Good luck.

Andrew Jones

I have no solution for you Jamal,

but it would be prudent to contact PMDG support as suggested in the error message. You can find their support portal (seperate registration required) on their website.

Jamal-

There are a number of reasons why your card issuer and/or the card processor may ask for additional review of a transaction.  (This isn't something we control- the card issuers/processing center does this...)  We normally handle those once or twice a day- but it is prudent to reach out to us at support as the message suggested.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Normally we can get you up and running quickly if you reach out to us and let us know you got flagged... 

Hello,

Thanks for trying to help. I reached out to the support center a month ago and they didn't really give a solution or a reason why this happened. Since you say its beyond their reach I will just try again and to see if the problem with the card persists or not.

Hello,

Thanks for trying to help. I reached out to the support center a month ago and they didn't really give a solution or a reason why this happened. Since you say its beyond their reach I will just try again and to see if the problem with the card persists or not.

It sounds like an issue with the company who issued their card. This has happened to me when buying FS Addons as they believe it is fraud of some sort (due to the price and the questionable purchase title - who just buys a 777???). Contact your card company and alert them of the error and let them know you are making the purchase and that it is not fraud. They will ask questions to make sure you are who you say, and then you'll be on your way.

Good luck!

This is either on PMDG's side or your Banks. It sounds like your bank needs to verify that it was you who attempted to make that purchase. Are you out of the country? I know sometimes, lets say i am in Germany and try to buy something from the US online, it will do that.

I think that could be the problem now that it's explained that way (no one does try to buy a 777 with a credit card). Also I am out of the country, I'm in Angola and its an American issued card so that could contribute to the problem. I'll contact the bank and try to clear things up.

Once again thanks to everyone for helping out.