Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidzill

SDK for MD-11

I love this aircraft, however with FS2 Crew's voice editions, I've became impartial to the NGX largely for the immersion factor. I love wide body trijets, however we are reduced to only the button version due to a lack of a SDK release for the MD-11. This in my opinion reduces the immersion factor immensely. I think we still have quite a following behind the MD-11. Would PMDG ever be inclined to release a MD-11 SDK so the boys over at FS2Crew could develop a voice edition?

we are reduced to only the button version (...) This in my opinion reduces the immersion factor immensely

Indeed. Recently I have come back to flying MD-11F and rushed to FS2Crew site to purchase the MD-11 crew only to discover there is no Voice version. I gave up. :(

I wholeheartedly agree such an excellent (and well performing!) addon aircraft needs the FS2Crew voice controlled immersion.

But I admit I didn't know this is due to the lack of SDK.

Not a chance, the aircraft is old and PMDG have repeatedly stated it didn't sell well.

It's a shame, i really liked this Aircraft, Lufthansa cargo occasionally (most Monday mornings) fly into Manchester; if i time my journey into work correctly i can see it flying overhead, still looks great,

Guys I think we have to stay with button edition for a long while. PMDG will never release sdk for 11, so our only hope is Bryan can make a work-around to implement voice edition, always that he want to release one's.

SDK is handy as it does all the job for you. However, it's not essential. Almost any aircraft can be interfaced without SDK.

Our crewmembers have been enjoying voice control with MD-11 for over 3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTqXkYo5qK0