Sign in to follow this  
ncr747dxer

Found this Tonight, Better take a look at this PMDG.

Ultimately the guy is just clearly trying to make a little money by offering something of a "unique" service, not some master criminal.

Yes, then you have more and more people pushing the envelope with the eula and trying to make a quick buck, next thing ya know you have user's that have issues pop up with their PMDG products, who gets flooded with support tickets? PMDG of course, using their time and resources. If you have no business experience or no experience in development or running a business, then I can see that you think this is a molehill, but sometimes these molehills can really trip you up. I don't know what PMDG or TDS will do but its their company names on this guys site that includes a 20 dollar fee for his services on their products. Weather its a violation or not I don't blame either company for taking action.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...I love this community but at times it really is quite pathetic in it's sense of self-righteousness.

It's not about self-righteousness at all, just realism. The EULA explicitly prevents this kind of thing being done without PMDG's permission, no matter how much you might think it's fair use.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Gents-

For those of you who have to include the phrase "i'm not a legal expert, but".......    Probably best to just stay out of the thread.  :ph34r:

We have a few legal experts on retainer for just this type of thing- and we aren't soliciting opinions from the community on legal matters in any event...

Now- for the rest- we will allow our legal counsel to handle things on this.  It isn't a public flogging- much as I know some of you enjoy those.  :lol:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com