Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

New XPlane 10.23 in two words: ONE Derful!

A long time waiting, and so far, holy goodness- she's a BEAUTY!  The scenery, the new default USA airports... the weather (and yes, works just fine with Skymaxx Pro 1.3.3 thank you) and the FRAMES, Da Frames!  Even Tatoo had to point to the screen refresh rates in amazement!  Thanks, everyone on the team at Laminar!

And the view from FL370 LA to Las Vegas?  Priceless!  Superlatives fail me, but you throw the new 10.3 artwork, and team it up with OSM North America and HD Textures - and you'll think you died and went to heaven.  This is FAR FAR FAR superior to any flight experience I ever had on the competitors.  And the frames are insane!

Throw the new EADT x737 up there and ka-boom!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Maybe I'm just weird but I don't even notice a difference..... maybe the clouds look a little different.  But I'm typically flying GA low and slow.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You should update your X-Plane - there is already a stable version 10.25. Just recently the 10.30 beta has been released. Don't waste your time on version 10.23.

I guess it was just a type though :wink:.

Would you mind sharing a few screenshot?

Guest Mik75

What has changed from a visual perspective?

the transition into and out of clouds, the clouds itself, the "wall" of fog that limits the range of visibility in bad weather, additional ground textures. That might be the most obvious improvements.

The cloud transitions are absolutely beautiful and so immersive it feels sooo real. Great job LR!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

A long time waiting, and so far, holy goodness- she's a BEAUTY!  The scenery, the new default USA airports... the weather (and yes, works just fine with Skymaxx Pro 1.3.3 thank you) and the FRAMES, Da Frames!  Even Tatoo had to point to the screen refresh rates in amazement!  Thanks, everyone on the team at Laminar!

And the view from FL370 LA to Las Vegas?  Priceless!  Superlatives fail me, but you throw the new 10.3 artwork, and team it up with OSM North America and HD Textures - and you'll think you died and went to heaven.  This is FAR FAR FAR superior to any flight experience I ever had on the competitors.  And the frames are insane!

Mitch(Sesquashtoo)  is that you? :lol:  :P

Mitch(Sesquashtoo)  is that you?  

Meh!  :lol:

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Mitch(Sesquashtoo)  is that you? :lol:  :P

LOL...not me...still downloading...was on a bike trip to the UP for Memorial Day Weekend...just got back home...

It sure sounds like me, though! (Smile)...

the transition into and out of clouds, the clouds itself, the "wall" of fog that limits the range of visibility in bad weather, additional ground textures. That might be the most obvious improvements.

Thanks for the info.  Any changes to autogen?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Guest Mik75

Thanks for the info. Any changes to autogen?

Not as far as I can see...

Thanks for the info.  Any changes to autogen?

I noticed a couple of parking lots that Ive never seen before.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

LOL...not me...still downloading...was on a bike trip to the UP for Memorial Day Weekend...just got back home...

It sure sounds like me, though! (Smile)...

take a break from the P3D forum and send some simlovin' into the XP10 forums :lol:  :good:

Yes, it is missing afaik.

Sorry - I guess I 'thought' Ben threw it in (He said he was) - but I dont notice any "IMPROVEMENT" at the high alt view to the horizon vs. 10.25 (stable).  A buddy thinks 10.25 is better.  I'm still testing.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg