Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Keep Killing the GSX ground mechanic

David,

i always change in the mce.ini file " GroundServicesMode=native to GroundServicesMode=GSX"

Maybe that helps

When I get back to my flight sim PC I will try that mce.ini amendment.

Thank you for the heads up.

Obviously my mce.ini is still set as it came, i.e. "native".

I hope this solves the issue I have always seen. But also worked around it nicely with the procedures I have shown in the videos.

GSX will still require the Tug to be connected prior to engine start, or it will not connect, that much is certain!

Thank you again, hope this information helps others with the same issue and this will add to a great hobby!

Best Regards

David

David,

i always change in the mce.ini file " GroundServicesMode=native to GroundServicesMode=GSX"

Maybe that helps

I don't have this line in my mce.ini

Hi Will,

Yup, same start up!

Engines off, Park Brake on, Simon intones his greeting, I ask MCE Mech for push back and he pops up the GSX menu and the de boarding menu is selected. First Officer then warns that "engines need to be started"...Errr... No madam or the GSX Tug wont attach and in the Turbo Prop, we will definitely slice an dice the mechanics!!!

So what ever the MCE ini addition is I may look at?

Don t get me wrong, I can get any number of push back scenarios with MCE Vox Sript and GSX. But the MCE Mechanic never worked for me so I just use him to do the cargo doors and the GPU! Oh and dismiss him before Taxi...Unless you enjoy hearing the different swearing options with all the different mechs...Svens is the best...Its Wallander.. :P

All can be seen in my last video. At about 01.10 I ask MCE Mech for pushback, he selects GSX menu item for de boarding and FO has a hissy!

Which was fun to make and has an interesting ending........Given whats goin to go on in September:rolleyes:

Best Regards

David.

Great Vid. What Scenery are you using?

WAT1036.png

Daan,

1st check "show hidden folders"

Then go to your "C drive, users, your name, appdata, roaming and finally multi crew experience.

Here you find the mce.ini, where to change it

John Cramer

Daan,

1st check "show hidden folders"

Then go to your "C drive, users, your name, appdata, roaming and finally multi crew experience.

Here you find the mce.ini, where to change it

Hi John,

I can find the mce.ini just fine, the GroundServicesMode=native line doesn't seem to be present

WAT1036.png

Will, to clarify a few points I see on my system. (stressed My System others may have experienced different things);

The MCE "keep mechanic on push" is always unchecked.

I always need to dismiss him, by either verbally saying ;-Mechanic you may disconnect now.

ground mechanic you may leave now, Thanks.

Or by typing those commands into a Vox Script and enabling verbose option or using the Notify command, so I know what's been said.  If I don't do this he gets the chop when I taxi. Never when I push back, just at taxi. So I must release him at pre taxi.

I have never been able to get the MCE mechanics (Andrew, Andy, Clive William, me, Lorna Trav) to speak or interface to the Rampies responsible for GSX, namely, Simon, Jane etc.

The Rampies are responsible for the GSX on screen commands, namely, Boarding, de boarding, re fuelling, catering and prepare for push back and departure. This last item selects a sub menu for push back to the left or right.

The MCE mechanics mentioned above only do the GPU connect/disconnect, cargo doors close/open. They never do push back via GSX. Or at least not on my system.

The following typical conversation occurs:-

"Ground from cockpit"

"What can I do for you captain"

"Mechanic please begin pushback" or " Mechanic pushback to the left"

F/O " Need to start engines" or another phrase about need to wait for ground procedures to complete.

There is no push back and no interface with GSX.  I sit there like a dummy!

Anyway, that's my experience.

Best regards to all,

Enjoy the hobby. ^_^

David.

I always need to dismiss him, by either verbally saying ;-Mechanic you may disconnect now.

ground mechanic you may leave now, Thanks.

I have never been able to get the MCE mechanics (Andrew, Andy, Clive William, me, Lorna Trav) to speak or interface to the Rampies responsible for GSX, namely, Simon, Jane etc.

The Rampies are responsible for the GSX on screen commands, namely, Boarding, de boarding, re fuelling, catering and prepare for push back and departure. This last item selects a sub menu for push back to the left or right.

The following typical conversation occurs:-

"Ground from cockpit"

"What can I do for you captain"

"Mechanic please begin pushback" or " Mechanic pushback to the left"

F/O " Need to start engines" or another phrase about need to wait for ground procedures to complete.

There is no push back and no interface with GSX.  I sit there like a dummy! :lol:

Best regards to all,

Enjoy the hobby. ^_^

David.

I am experiencing the same issue, plus the cargo doors open automatically when boarding, but don't close automatically when boarding completed, I need to manually close, plus calling the mechanic to close doesn't work either.

I only fly pmdg 777-300 er....

I only fly pmdg 777-300

What does MCE UI show at the top

Copilot listening on 77L

Copilot listening on 77W

Copilot listening on 773

Or something completely different.

Need to make sure the variant is properly identified.

Copilot listening on 77L

Copilot listening on 77W

Copilot listening on 773

Hi Gerald,

The message on the top bar is "Copilot listening on 77W"

Thanks

Hari

Copilot listening on 77L

Copilot listening on 77W

Copilot listening on 773

Gerald,

I checked again today, can't engage the mechanic no matter what I say ....

This seems to be the case since I installed 2.6.2.1

Wheat happens when I start MCE, I have the ramp coordinator 'jane' introduce. Then when I call ground, in all possible combinations, don't get a response back.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hari

Gerald,

I checked again today, can't engage the mechanic no matter what I say ....

This seems to be the case since I installed 2.6.2.1

Wheat happens when I start MCE, I have the ramp coordinator 'jane' introduce. Then when I call ground, in all possible combinations, don't get a response back.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hari

Whenever you experience strange things going on, the best thing to do, is to restore MCE to factory settings

Click Start-All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restor factory settings.

That will prompt you to go through the wizard, which will make sure you're all setup speech reco and audio wise.

Once you've done that, perform a "voice test" on the mechanic voice pack, and see if you are getting the audio out on the expected device.

Here are the built-in commands for establishing contact with mechanic

Cockpit to ground

Ground from flight deck

Mechanic from flight deck

... a few more available

You don't need to script the above. Only create a scripted command if you wish to use an alternative verbiage. And the custom command has to be different from any existing one.

You cannot request anything from mechanic until you have established contact.

Definitely not broken in 2.6.2.1

At some stressful times pilots in a fit of rage may say they would like to kill the mechanic.

You actually did....... :lol: