I'm going through a similar conversion process, outofphaze, and the SRT started with the Z68.  I don't think Dumont is referring to Smart Response.  To use a small SSD as a cache in SRT, the SSD needs to be set up as a Raid 0, and then configured in Intel RST.  The Ready Boost appears to be something different, and an available option even when the intel Sata controllers are set up for AHCI, but I don't completely understand how it is different than SRT, as they both appear to be a cacheing scheme.

Did you install FSX on its own partition? If you did, you can just change the letter of that partition, then make a partition on your new SSD with the letter you used to have for the FSX partition. Once that is done, just copy paste and you are good to go. I disagree with a reinstall because there is no reason for it.

If you installed FSX in the program files folder it is a bit of a more complex process, as you need to change some stuff in the reg. I think there is a good guide around somewhere here for doing this.

So I am clear, I have FSX currently on its own drive (D) & my OS on another drive [C]. I want to put FSX on a new 500gb SSD drive. I need to change the current D drive to say E and then plug in the SSD, name it D and copy/paste everything over?

And finally if I don't have the ability to temporarily plug in a third drive, could I move the FSX folder on to a 1TB portable drive, unplug the current one, plug in the new SSD and then move the FSX folder from the portable drive into the SSD drive? Thank you

Eric