Sign in to follow this  
bud7h7

need help with Realair Duke v2 - lost all click spots

Well, I just purchased it and am about to install it but I'm still having fits with EZCA because I jeu don't understand it.

Like how do I get my spot plane back without having to go to the menu?

Anyway, I read through the manual and it has "RealView".  It seems that that's exactly like EZCA.  Will they conflict with one another?

Please advise.  Anyone else using EZCA with this plane?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Well I made a test flight out of Gatwick tonight sans EZDOK set up as I'm still working with it but that real view is excellent. And I think this plane ranks right up there with PMDG and Flight1's B200. It's incredible. Glad I bought it. Will be spending a lot of time in this bird. Installation was simple and smooth, told it no 3D lights, had a very short pattern flight but no loss of click spots and I am VERY pleased with my purchase. I would highly recommend this plane. A friend bought it and he turned me on to it so I bought it. I have a lot to print out and a lot to learn. I had never heard of RealAir till now and now I'm looking at the Laicair and the GTN750.

Outstanding guys!

Jack Sawyer

The Lancair is awesome, faster than the Duke when flying below 10k, and maybe it will get GTN integration some day. I can't wait for everything in P3D - that's where my GTN products exist

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well, my NEXT purchase will be Flight1's GTN750 for the Duke.  I am stunned.  Having worked real-world aircraft avionics systems all my life I was stunned when I saw it.  It is amazing.  Really amazing.

But man, that Duke Turbine is REALLY amazing.

Cheers.

Jack Sawyer

I'm in the same boat.  I bought the Legacy and love it...I bought the F1 GTN750 and after seeing that the Duke has it ready to integrate, I bought the Duke.  Having a great time with it.

Sad to see the beautiful 3D landing lights cause the VC panel click spot issues.  Some have found reducing water effects to HIGH 1.x improves things, but that didn't work for me.  I followed Rob's advice and it's true that disabling them eliminates the click spot problems...but it's tough to go back to that plain "whitewash" compared to the real lighted effect that RealAir has in the 3D system.  

I'll put up with this small set back in stride, given the quality of the entire package...but I'll be monitoring these kinds of threads if anyone discovers a fix.  

Disable the custom landing lights

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi All

Has this issue been resolved? What is the ultimate solution?

Thanks

TCS

It's not an issue for everyone. The click spots are fully operational for me with 3D lights enabled. If you find you have a problem, just disable the 3D lights in the aircraft config app. Easy!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

To fix this problem, in the panel folder make a new folder called RASduke.

Copy all the files from RASduke,cab into this folder RASduke.

Now (for me anyway) all the click-spots work reliably.