Sign in to follow this  
bud7h7

need help with Realair Duke v2 - lost all click spots

I suddenly have no click spots anywhere. No switches, knobs etc respond to mouse clicks. No + / - pop ups, just dead. The aircraft is otherwise totally responsive, i.e. animations, flight controls, etc. I haven't run FSX in a few weeks, been running FS9 lately, but I'm almost certain this happened during my last Duke preflight and when I started FSX today the problem is still there.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This happens once in a while....  seems to be because of a higher load on FSX....

Did you just start with the cessna and switch to Duke or were you flying other addons before the Duke?

Hi Ryan, started with the default cessna and switched to the Duke. I'm about 90% sure this started after I had the aircraft loaded in my last FSX session, but like I said that was weeks ago so I'm not 100% sure.

Yes, this is a thing that just happens sometimes.

I am sure I read somewhere (duke manual maybe?) that if you reload the aircraft it will fix this missing clickspots. I will see if I can find where I saw this.

edit: I found it! Wasn't in the duke manual, but on the Avsim review for the Duke, about 1/3 of the way down; "Click Spots and Missing Click Spots". http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/aircraft/v2-piston-duke-from-realair-simulations-r1867

Thanks for the info! It says to try "reload aircraft" so I'll do that next time I fly. Hopefully it's not a conflict with EZdok.

I don't have EZdok, but my understanding is it shouldn't interfere with the switch clickspots. It may interfere with the Realview VC clickspots, but they can be turned off in the config program.

Or if your viewpoint is "behind" the seat - ie a piece of the model is between you and the clickspot that also won't work -ezdok could be a factor here to

Loaded the Duke and all was good for about a minute, then there was a blip in the terrain textures as if something major had just occured, and immediately lost my click spots. I shut down, and let FSX create a new fsx.cfg, so far so good. Doing a flight now, thunderstorms, good framerates, smooth, no issues with clicks.

Contact RealAir support and explain your problem. They will send you a link to download a file that corrects this problem. RealAir will tell you that the file may cause some light anomalies but I haven't seen any yet.

Interesting. I experienced this only last week, for the first time ever, following a fresh reinstall. The only thing that had changed, is I had installed the Saitek switch panel via LINDA...

I just took off in the DV2 and climbing out PAVD to PANC  ( after reading this thread) not anticipating any problems and got the click spot error for the second time in 20 or so flights and annoyed because I put a lot of planning into this leg.

However, the good news is I read somewhere that cycling through views several times using key "A" should work , and it did.

edit

just went into fsuipc to make a few adjustments and now click spot gone again and cycling will not work. Lucky I have A/P hardware

Contact RealAir support and explain your problem. They will send you a link to download a file that corrects this problem. RealAir will tell you that the file may cause some light anomalies but I haven't seen any yet.

I'll contact them, thanks for the heads up!

I had this happen to me also and what fixed it for me is I paused the sim then hit alt enter to make fsx go into a small window instead of full screen and moved my mouse around and opened a file on my desktop closed the file put fsx back in fullscreen and my clickspots returned..  almost like the mouse forgot what it was doing until I "reminded" it .   just my 2 bits

I stopped using this plane because of this issue. I constantly have this problem and got seriously sick and tired of it and none of the suggested solutions helped. I never had this issue with any other plane.

I'm pretty sure that it's related to EZdok, but there aren't any good alternatives for EZdok (the camera in OpusFSX is bad), but there are hundreds of other planes to pick from, so the choice was easy. It's a pity, because it's nice plane, it just happens to conflicts with Ezdok.

Others who use Ezdok might claim that they don't have the problem, but that's probably because of the version they use and how they've set up Ezdok.

I think what has been shown is there are many factors that can cause this issue. I originally had it in the F1 King Air and in the Duke. F1s mods solved that one for me however I would have it on and off in the Duke. I finally realized my liquid cooling system was inop and my temps were way too high. A new cooling system and the problem with the Duke immediately disappeared and has not returned.

I had this problem so severly back in 2013 that I got out of the hobby in complete and utter disgust and frustration.

2014 saw a new very powerful PC from Jetline and I haven't seen it.

It was claimed that the 3D lights caused it.

But as of today, I was looking at buying the new Duke Turbine V2 as it would be my first RealAir product but when I read the manual they talk about this.

I have a very elaborate system of global and FSX backups so it wouldn't be a problem to restore but I'd be out $40 if I never reinstalled it.

They even mention this issue in the manual and it appears to that you can't select no 3D lights until after install?  Not sure because I haven't bought it.

I wouldn't touch this plane with a ten foot pole if it even remotely causes this issue becasue if you never had it occur and continue to occur it is enough to drive you crazy.

Turning off the 3D lights in the setup config worked for me - no more problems !! And by the way, an absolutely brilliant aircraft to fly... a must get IMHO.!!!

Turning off the 3D lights in the setup config worked for me - no more problems !!

That's one of the solutions offered by RealAir in their settings pages and FAQ but it did not work for me. I have fsx installed in the default (x86) folder with UAC disabled. I thought I was cool with that setup and it could not be how I installed the product. I decided to uninstall the product (the Turbine Duke too), and reinstall by right clicking the install program and selecting "Run as Administrator". Problem fixed. I also made sure FSX is always started up with Administrative Privileges (although I was doing that previously when I was having the click-spot issues).

Best regards,

Hi Jim and others,

We are completely confident that taking the option to revert to default landing lights works. UAC and "permissions" is the bane of Windows 7 and especially Windows 8 and 8.1. The Duke guide emphasises several times, and in detail, that getting ownership of your fsx files and folders is crucial, as is running almost everything as administrator.

The problem with the piston duke v2 was addressed by us and everyone who informs us at support that they have clickspot problems gets a very detailed reply and a 100% fix, which is to remove some of the 3d lights. Shortly we will be updating the Piston Duke v2  so that it has the same options to revert to standard lights as the Turbine Duke v2.

We don't "claim" that 3d landing lights cause the problem for a small number of users. It is an established fact.

The T Duke V2 config panel works flawlessly, provided you over-ride windows' ridiculously over-the-top Account Control default settings. 

They even mention this issue in the manual and it appears to that you can't select no 3D lights until after install?  

How else is an option meant to work? Before you install?

Um, yeah. Exactly the way A2A does it. They give you an option to disable the 3D lights BEFORE installation, not after. Please do not take this the wrong way, that's the way A2A does it.

I do not want to buy this plane, (and it IS very nice), only to have the click spot issue appear and THEN have to try to eliminate it.

I got out of this hobby which I have been in since the Bruce Artwick days in 2013 because of this very click spot issue. I just couldn't handle the frustration with it and no one at the time had an answer.

As far as UAC and all that goes I have it all turned off, I have never had a problem that way. I run Win 7 64.

So you won't buy it because A2A includes the option to disable 3d landing light during the install vs RA giving you the option in a Config tool?

That makes no sense - it's a horse apiece - they both give you the option to disable the culprit that has caused clickspot issues.

Um, yeah. Exactly the way A2A does it. They give you an option to disable the 3D lights BEFORE installation, not after. Please do not take this the wrong way, that's the way A2A does it.

I do not want to buy this plane, (and it IS very nice), only to have the click spot issue appear and THEN have to try to eliminate it.

I got out of this hobby which I have been in since the Bruce Artwick days in 2013 because of this very click spot issue. I just couldn't handle the frustration with it and no one at the time had an answer.

As far as UAC and all that goes I have it all turned off, I have never had a problem that way. I run Win 7 64.

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding here Jack. I simply do not see the logic of disabling or enabling anything before you install a product. Almost all products with the complexity of the Duke have a configuration app. That app enables a wealth of options. I cannot see how you can provide such options without first installing the product. It's like saying "I won't buy or install windows unless I can set it all up to my liking before I install it". I think maybe you are misinterpreting what you describe as options to disable "before installing". It simply doesn't make sense.

Install the plane.  Go into the config program before you ever start the plane - the config program is a separate program so there's no need to start the plane to do this.  Disable 3D lights.  You will never see the problem.  You need to run the config program first to get everything set up anyway.

Not really sure what your concern is here.  Doesn't matter if A2A does this differently when the net result is exactly the same. 

Scott

Install the plane.  Go into the config program before you ever start the plane - the config program is a separate program so there's no need to start the plane to do this.  Disable 3D lights.  You will never see the problem.  You need to run the config program first to get everything set up anyway.

Not really sure what your concern is here.  Doesn't matter if A2A does this differently when the net result is exactly the same. 

Scott

Thank you Scott. I think you explained it better than I did.

Thank you Scott. I think you explained it better than I did.

You're most welcome.  Sorry to duplicate your and others' responses - I think we were all typing at the same time.

Scott