Sign in to follow this  
1234plane

Building a New Computer

Hello all!

I currently have chosen these parts for my first PC build for FSX http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ddYfFT What type of performance can I expect with that hardware running some common payware addons like FSDT, PMDG, ORBX...etc. Is there anything I can improve on that will increase performance other then the processor? 

Thanks!

Sean

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have just taken a look at your specs and overall it looks pretty good. Let me know how you like that case. I currently have a Fractal Design R4 and am thinking of switching to a case giving me a red theme.

Though it doesn't make a tremendous difference if you're just running FSX, I would recommend using a closed-loop liquid cooler. I found one liquid cooler and a radiator reduced the noise of, otherwise, 5 fans.

If you plan on running add ons like PMDG, ORBX , etc  And If you Have the financial means to do so....   I would recommend building a Haswell system

If you are like many and on a budget then your setup should be fine. My PC is 4 years old and runs FSX ok just gotta be willing to back off the sliders.

Remember FSX  is more CPU intensive than GPU .

Agreed, depending on budget you want to go Intel not AMD...  and that video card - could you afford a GTX760 or 660?  Don't get the x50 series - it's more of a low end card.  (low end related to FSX rigs hehe)

You might want to look into an Intel Cpu they run FSX better, I just built a new system with the 4790k my old system was based off a 4.5ghz FX-8350 if you can wait a while I'll post some comparisons since I have both PC's I just have to move the FX-8350 system to another case

789 Other threads asking the same question. And people wonder why the site is slow. And yeah, ditch the AMD.