Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

My video card bit the dust. Any one want to venture your personal opinion on the best PCIe replacement for under $200 USD?

My GTX460SE has passed on to video heaven. Who wants to suggest a good replacement for use on my i7-2600k with a budget of $200?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would suggest looking at what you might find used on Ebay.  I picked up a great deal on an GTX 580 a few years back.  Just thinkin' you might get more bang for the buck getting a higher rated but used card.

I live in Georgia and may be looking at an upgrade from my EVGA GTX580 to a GTX780.  The card has not been OC'd and is used with a liquid cooled CPU in a room with A/C.  No issues in the 2+ years that I've had it.  PM me if you're interested and we may be able to work something out.

You might consider a Radeon r270x 4gb they are around $200 and will out perform a 660ti with ease and are equivalent to the gtx770 4gb

I live in Georgia and may be looking at an upgrade from my EVGA GTX580 to a GTX780.  The card has not been OC'd and is used with a liquid cooled CPU in a room with A/C.  No issues in the 2+ years that I've had it.  PM me if you're interested and we may be able to work something out.

Neil,

Thanks, I will keep it in mind. Have you been happy with the performance of the GTX580? I live about 4 hours to the east of you.

You might consider a Radeon r270x 4gb they are around $200 and will out perform a 660ti with ease and are equivalent to the gtx770 4gb

Thank you David

Neil,

Thanks, I will keep it in mind. Have you been happy with the performance of the GTX580? I live about 4 hours to the east of you.

Thank you David

Yes, performance has been very good.  I have an overclocked i7 3930K, so that helps, but I lock on 30 fps in FSX and don't have much trouble achieving that in most areas, even with 3rd party scenery and add on aircraft.  I fly all general aviation, so I'm not using PMDG or any complex airliners, but I do use A2A's C172 and Cherokee, along with other more complex GA aircraft. 

My setup is actually fine for what I do.  I've been thinking of playing around with P3D v2.x, so for that I would want to upgrade to a GTX780,   Wasn't wanting to spend $500, but if I can offset by getting something back for the GTX580, then it might be something I'd do.