Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How do I remove this telegraph pole from the taxiway?

This is from Novosibirsk (UNNT) airport scenery, downloaded from AVSIM. It is a very nice bit of scenery, but I have a telegraph pole stuck in the middle of the taxiway. At first, I thought 'no problem' and added an exclusion line to the scenery.cfg entry. Restarted FS - pole still there. Checked and quadruple checked my exclusion line. Everything fine. Do exclusion lines work only with default scenery then?Then, using AFCAD (which confirms I am opening the right bgl file), and making a backup of the bgl file (AF2_unnt.bgl - supposed to be for FS2004, and this pole is the only anomaly), I started deleting bits of taxiway, finally selecting the whole airport and deleting every runway, taxiway and gate, and saving. Restart FS9 - everything still as it was, parking lots and everything. I can't understand it. Does the scenery load from the texture folder, even when the AFCAD is a blank like this?I am clearly missing something. Can anyone clear this up?Many thanks,Martin

Hello Martin,Those poles are part of the roads - previously, we did not know exactly how FS roads were drawn and so were doing it incorrectly, with the result that those poles were appearing at quite a distance from the road.We have since learned how to correctly draw roads, but any scenery made using previous knowledge will display this error.You must remove a roads bgl from your scenery in order to eliminate the pole - search for a bgl ending in "_9". This may be the solution.Best regards.Luis

Lucky you,I made the same question a few weeks ago, you have got an answer! In any way it's the case since the installation of the upgrade to FS version 9.1. I didn't had the poles in version 9.0. BTW there are a few poles in the apron before the main building also.Regards,Hugo

Well, lucky me or not, removing the said file cured the problem. I spent three hours last night trying to fix the problem - mostly because I couldn't believe that drastically changing the bgl file seemed to make no difference to the scenery at all, something I still don't understand!! Odd about 9.1 - I had flown from UNNT several times before with this scenery and there was no pole in the middle of the taxiway then. Must have been before I installed Fs9.1 I suppose.M.

Glad to have the taxiways free at UNNT. Must just say a quick thank you to the people who made this airport scenery (a 'must have' download from the file library I'd say, if you don't already have it). It just looks so impressively natural somehow, compared to many other airport sceneries I have installed, and (and this is the clever bit) hardly seems to effect the frame rates at all, even with all that autogen (VERY unlike many other airport sceneries I have installed!!). Try taking off at night - it really is beautiful.Martin

Hi Martin,I had the same problem. I added the following line to the entry of UNNT in the scenery.cfgExclude=N55 1.5,E82 37.6,N54 59.8,E82 41.2,objectsThis solved the problem for me.Happy flying,Torsten

Adding exclusion lines like this had no effect whatsoever when I tried it - I have no idea why not. They've always worked for me before. In any case, deleting the appropriate bgl file solved the problem.M.