Sign in to follow this  
ger

Oom Over ?

Hi guys ,

the last days i m having a lot of poblems with OOM , i, i couldn;t complete a flight longer then 5 hours .

i made a test setting for myself trying to find out what whas causing it because i never had any problems with OOM before , even when i had lot of heavy scenerys installed , ASN , megascenery FTX scenery .All my sliders were to the right except or autogen wich was set at normal .This was before sp1 and the 773 came out .

When the SP1 and 773 came out,i immediately downloaded them and installed them over the 777RTM , and never had problems , made some very long flights with the 777-300ER , OMDB KIAH OMDB  and NAZZ KLAX NZAA , LTBA KIAH LTBA , EHAM RJAA , i  m having holiday from my work so my PC and fsx where on 24hours a day , and after i completed a round trip i restarted FSX and went on with another long haul .Never had any problems.,again  this was with the Original 777RTM file and the SP1 update .

Half way last week i decided to uninstall the Original 777RTM file with the sp1 and 773 and install fresh new downloaded files from my PMDG account wich include SP1 , because i had  thought that  a complete file wich included SP1 was going to be even  better ... so i downloaded the new files and installed it them...

My first flight , EHAM KIAH ...4 hours into flight , crossing the atlantic at 34000 feet when suddenly ding ding. , i openend proces explorer and my VAS was hitting 4.1, then i got a message saying FSX had to be closed  but didn't say why it need to be  closed and i had to manually close fsx myself .When i closed this message i got  anew mesage saying FSX had run out of memory .

In the beginning after release of the 777RTM i had a few OOM ,on approach to FSD CYVR  but at that time when  i got the OOM warning , my fsx immediately shuts down without saying me i had to close fsx because of OOM , it closed fsx automaticaly , this was the first week after release the 777RTM , since then i lowered my autogen  , reinstalled CYVR with half the texture size and my problems were gone , , on approach to CYVR my VAS never went above 3.4-3.5 .Also i made th change to DX10.

For myself , i can tell that my OOM began after uninstalling  the 777RTM with the sp1 and installing the new downloaded 777 file wich includes the sp1 file .

After i tried the same EHAM KIAH flight over and over again and changing my settings lower  i still got OOM .

I decided to uninstall fsx and because my PC is only for fsx i decided to uninstall windows 7 also.

After installing windows 7 i updated windows 7 until there were no more updates , i installed FSX on a different drive (drive G ) , installed SP1 and SP2  made the DX10 changes and installed ONLY the 777 , not even the 777-300ER  , only the 777 , no other addons not even ASN .

Started a new flight , EHAM KIAH .

On runway 36L  my VAS was 2.2 GB and thought it was ok ,, departed EHAM , over the Nortsea to the Atlantic .2 hours into flight i noticed my VAS had increased allready to 3.1 , even when i was only cruising at 34000 feet ebove the Atlantic with no other scenery in sight , my VAS increased all the time without ever decreasing .4 Hours into flight ding ding  VAS increased to 3.9 and OOM.

I tried a few flight this way , even with the lowest settings in FSX , , taking of EHAM my VAS was always around 2.1 - 2.2 and started to increase after taking off and kept increasing .If you depart EHAM , bound to the USA  after 5 minutes into flight , the only thing you see is sea and ocean until you arrive at the east coast of the US or Canada , so why kept the VAS increase so fast without even decreasing  after take off ???

Yesterday i read somewhere on the net,  dont remeber where , (  EDIT >>>

that a few months ago someone was getting OOM too and tried a differerent nvidia driver  ( 335.23 ) wich reduced the VAS .Now i don't believe  that the nvidia driver could reduce the VAS  but i  made a note of this driver number when i read  this topic .

After all the problms the last days about OOM i was gettng so frustrated that i uninstalled the fresh downloaded 777 file  and installed my old 777RTM file than i installed the seperate SP1 file again  .I also uninstalled my nvidia driver wich was 337.88 , installed the 335.23 drivers and restarted fsx , resetted my settings as before i made the change to the full file including SP1 . All my settings are now  to the right , except autogen wich is set at  normal ,  in the fsx cfg lod is 4.5 wich is default as it has always been

This was done all yesterday  before i went to bed .

Before i went to bed i decided to started once again EHAM KIA , VAS was again 2.1 at EHAM , 3 hours into flight VAS still 2.4.

Just came out of bed , cruising at 40000 feet just before waypoint AEX , starting the descent in a few minutes , looked in proces explorer and ...VAS 2.4 !!!!!!

The whole flight no VAS increase , no stuttering , this is all with the 777RTM file and the seperate SP1 file and the change in driver .

Now as i said before i don't think it has something to do with the driver change but it is strange my problems are gone FOR THIS MOMENT .Next thing i m gonna do after i finished drinked my alleady cold cappucino  is installing the 777-300  and installing the EHAM addon scenery and FSD KIAH and restart the same flight     see what happens then .

I never had any problems ,my problems started after installing the complete 777 with the included SP1 file , now i went back to the 777RTM file and it seems my problems are gone  , i hope ...

Maybe if you are having the same OOM problems yu could trie and go back to the 777RTM file and installing the SP1 file , this worked for me ,maybe in combination with another driver i don't know but i see a difference for me , but like i said just do some other flights before i can be certain but it might be worth trying .

Best regards ,

Gérard

edit .. just started the descent VAS 2.4

Edited by ger

Good to see that your problem is solved..

Good to see that your problem is solved..

My OOM problem was solved after updating .NET drivers by using the Windows Update.  I'm actually using the 331.82 NVidia driver set.  I do not use the autogen and my water texture are set to Low 2x setting. LOD remains at 4.5 with average VAS usage of 2.5gb at peak.  It fluctuates mostly between 1.8 and 2.2 with peak at take off and landing.

Did my first 6 hour flight yesterday KJFK>EGLL. I'm actually flying EGLL>KLAX at this time.  My current VAS is at 2gb, maxing out at 2.4 at take off.

This is interesting. I seem to have a similar situation going on. I've never had any OOM problems period before the last couple flights with the 77W. Both times it crashed on me in cruise with hardly anything being loaded. The first week of release I did quite a few long routes with no issue, then out of the blue I can't complete a flight. Nothing changed at all either, no settings, no added scenery, nothing. I really don't load the sim down with much to begin with.. REX UTX GEX and ASN.. 1024 clouds. That's it apart from my airport sceneries. I monitored my VAS on this last flight which had me between 2.0-2.5 through most of the flight. I'm stumped as to why I'm getting the crashes. I'll try and update my video driver and check for framework updates and report back.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I'm out of the country now and won't touch FSX for weeks, but you are describing my own experiences Gerard (even the EHAM-KIAH).  I'll try some of what you discuss when I get home in a few weeks.  Around late June/early July, I started VAS-ing out (title of my other thread) and couldn't finish anything over.... you guessed it (same time as yours) 4-5 hours.  I would start with high VAS and just keep going and going and going.  Totally cramped my long-haul style.

Thank you for posting this and your hard work, those were all things I was going to do when I got home (uninstall-reinstall, etc.)

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.