Sign in to follow this  
Milviz

Addon Packs For The Mv C310R And The Mv B-55

I have a similar problem with the installation into the C310R.

I have FSX, P3D1.4 and P3D2.2 installed. When i install the package for P3D2.2 i do not get the possibility to manually correct the installation path but instead the program is immediately installed into the P3D 1.4 directory. There i do not find any bezel graphics either.

Best regards

Christian

I will check later today when I get home. The new F1 GTN never asks for a folder /location, once I chose what options to install (750/650, 650x2) it immediately runs the install routine. The bezel bit maps don't exist in the c: drive or my actual FSX folder. BUT what I will try later is to make sure I have a "fake" texture folder in the wrong drive - maybe it skips those since the folder does not exist. It did create the model and panel folders.

Thanks - appreciate your perseverance as well.

Joe Lorenc

Thanks - appreciate your perseverance as well.

<Thud!> I finally found the problem. Fr. Stupid strikes once again.

${NSD_GetState} $RadioButton $RadioButton1_State
        ${NSD_GetState} $RadioButton2 $RadioButton2_State
        ${NSD_GetState} $RadioButton3 $RadioButton2_State

Spot anything wrong with the above? If you guessed that the last query should be $RadioButton3_State you would be correct...

...the third 'Button' being the one for Prepar3Dv2, but the error caused the problem. I've now tested the 'fixed' installer on my own system to ensure that the Registry is correctly read for each of the three possible sim versions. In every instance the correct path is being returned.

I've also re-enabled the "Browse" function just in case someone's Registry entry is incorrect, or they want to "Install" to a 'dummy' folder.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK, I am home for a quick lunch and confirmed that at least under the latest version I have 1.140804 there seem to be no dds files at all.  I copied my entire 310R Folder set into the "wrong" C; drive location and reran an install / uninstall/install of the GTN.exe - no dds files at all.  I did a search of my entire system of "GTN*.dds" - nothing, and looking at the window within your installer it does not show any such files as extracted.

Here are the details from your installer:

Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Cessna 310R FSX Milviz
Extract: CRITICAL_READ_ME.txt... 100%
Extract: F1GTN.ini... 100%
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Cessna 310R FSX Milviz\model.GTN750
Extract: MilViz_C310_interior.MDL... 100%
Extract: Model.cfg... 100%
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Cessna 310R FSX Milviz\panel.GTN750
Extract: C310_VC_01.bmp... 100%
Extract: C310_VC_02.bmp... 100%
Extract: Copilots_Panel.bmp... 100%
Extract: ElectricalPanel.bmp... 100%
Extract: EnginePanel.bmp... 100%
Extract: F1GTNSTACK.ini... 100%
Extract: Main_Panel.bmp... 100%
Extract: Panel.cfg... 100%
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Cessna 310R FSX Milviz\model.GTN650x2
Extract: MilViz_C310_interior.MDL... 100%
Extract: Model.cfg... 100%
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Cessna 310R FSX Milviz\panel.GTN650x2
Extract: C310_VC_01.bmp... 100%
Extract: C310_VC_02.bmp... 100%
Extract: Copilots_Panel.bmp... 100%
Extract: ElectricalPanel.bmp... 100%
Extract: EnginePanel.bmp... 100%
Extract: F1GTNSTACK.ini... 100%
Extract: Main_Panel.bmp... 100%
Extract: Panel.cfg... 100%
Extract: Thumbs.db... 100%
ExecShell: open C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Cessna 310R FSX Milviz\CRITICAL_READ_ME.txt
Completed

I realize what you just found may cure that, just pointing it out though.

Thx, back to work for me.

Joe Lorenc

I realize what you just found may cure that, just pointing it out though.

Thx, back to work for me.

Thank you for posting the entire install "log." While I had updated the B55 GTN installer to include the new artwork for the GTN series, I spaced out and forgot to add that to the C310R GTN installer. Mea culpa!

In any case, all four installers for the C310R and B55 have been thoroughly tested here on my test machine, since I have all three sim versions installed. All of them successfully read the Registry paths for FSX, P3Dv1 and P3Dv2, and best of all...

...actually installed all of the requisite files in their correct folders. :Applause:

Colin has the new installer files and will be sending out emails with the new links soonest.

Thanks once again for your patience, assistance and understanding! :Nerd:  :hi:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok... I've now sent out the mails to all prior clients with the fixed versions.

Note that if you have issues at this point, it's probably better if you just email me as I am not always checking the forums here but am always checking my mail.

Thanks,

Colin

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

So far looking and acting great - thanks guys.  Won't be able to fly much for a few, but, looking forward to cruising in "310BV".

Joe Lorenc

We've fixed what I hope are the LAST of the installer bugs... (who knew so many things could go awry!!!???)

Mails have been sent out with a little gift for those who bought in on this...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I own and love both of these planes, but this seems complicated.

If I purchased this addon today, is it simply install-and-go?

Well, no.  You need to install the OTHER addons and then... ours... (or the other way around, I have no idea)...

Then it's fairly easy...

We've fixed what I hope are the LAST of the installer bugs... (who knew so many things could go awry!!!???)

Mails have been sent out with a little gift for those who bought in on this...

Great service in the face of some adversity...and thanks for the "little gift"!

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Those people who actually bought the products in question, (the mindstar and F1 upgrades) have gotten a gift. 

In my very tired state last night, I pressed send on an email to ALL of our GA clients.  Needless to say, that was a mistake...