Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Engine Failure with failures turned off

PMDG told me it may be because of my ASUS motherboard clock issue.

Again that absurd 10000 fpm descent in VNAV! It does NOT depend on the ASUS motherboard, I experience it both in my home and work computers, and the second one does NOT have an ASUS motherboard! Further, everything else works correctly, when the motherboard clock has problems it does NOT happen that everything works correctly and the airplane descends with a 10000 fpm rate!

James Goggi

Again that absurd 10000 fpm descent in VNAV! It does NOT depend on the ASUS motherboard, I experience it both in my home and work computers, and the second one does NOT have an ASUS motherboard! Further, everything else works correctly, when the motherboard clock has problems it does NOT happen that everything works correctly and the airplane descends with a 10000 fpm rate!

Have you saved the flight before descent?  I realize reload the flight can resolve the issue sometimes. You can also save the flight when the plane starts to go crazy, then open a ticket and send the files to PMDG for investigation.

I have not experienced the absurd 10000 fpm descent for a while, not sure what happen since I didn't fix anything nor changed my computer.

Danny F

Have you saved the flight before descent?  I realize reload the flight can resolve the issue sometimes.

I experience that after performing a flight from scratch, no saved situation. Then tried again and saved the flight before starting descent. Each time I loaded that flight I could reproduce the issue when starting the descent.

James Goggi

I experience that after performing a flight from scratch, no saved situation. Then tried again and saved the flight before starting descent. Each time I loaded that flight I could reproduce the issue when starting the descent.

What about not using VNAV descend and use v/s mode?

I suggest submitting a ticket to PMDG and have them take a look at the save files. I wanna know what the problem is too. 

Danny F

What about not using VNAV descend and use v/s mode?

I suggest submitting a ticket to PMDG and have them take a look at the save files. I wanna know what the problem is too. 

In V/S of course that will not happen, but I would like to use VNAV and to have it working properly ;-). I already submitted a ticket, but it doesn't seem that they aknowledged the issue.

James Goggi

Does this engine failure happen only after unrealistically steep descents, such as 10,000 ft per minute?  Also, would such a steep descent result in major engine issues in the real world?

mike, I believe you wouldn't get any issues like that in real life :)

Dan.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56