Sign in to follow this  
Simon30

Alarm sound on takeoff-roll

I really hope somebody can help me with this:

When I´m beginning the take-off roll by setting the N1 power through TO/GA-mode (Shift+Ctrl+G) an alarm sets off. It continues all the way down the runway but as soon as I get airborne it stops and I can continue the flight as planned via the FMC. Probably some obvious reason for this but any help will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot...

Takeoff configuration warning. Check your trim and flaps, most likely.

Matt Cee

i get this sometimes as well, yesterday I got it on my descent, I knew it was the gear not lowered warning, but I was at 15000 feet and descending it went off automatically around 8000 feet.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Is your speedbrake armed?

if this was directed to me, no it was not

if this was directed to me, no it was not

No, sorry sir. This was directed to the TO. I do not think that speedbrakes could cause that while descending.

Have you guys taken a look to the QRH? In 15.2 (p.334) is written something about warning horn - perhaps the sound appeared due to high cabin altitude?

Did you (clayton) got any master caution message?

Speedbrake doesn't need to be armed for T/O. Some things that will cause T/O Config warning are improper flaps, improper trim, or speedbrakes deployed. I'm sure there are others but whether or not speedbrakes are armed makes no difference.

Didn't realize the comment about armed speedbrakes wasn't aimed at the OP. Armed speedbrakes shouldn't cause a config warning on descent either. If flaps are 20 or higher, you will get the gear horn though.

No, sorry sir. This was directed to the TO. I do not think that speedbrakes could cause that while descending.

Have you guys taken a look to the QRH? In 15.2 (p.334) is written something about warning horn - perhaps the sound appeared due to high cabin altitude?

Did you (clayton) got any master caution message?

hi, no i did not get any warning messages on the annunicator

This is weird. I tried that in my NGX. Following scenario: Loaded NGX in normal state on the runway, fully T/O configuration with exception armed speedbrake and gave full thrust - no warning at all. Then I retracted the flaps completely, full thrust, also no warning. It´s weird. Also when I set wrong trim setting etc. no warning at all.

I told that with the armed speekbrakes because I experienced that once in the old PMDG 737 for FS9. I got a warning when gave full thrust for take off (speedbrakes were armed), then I disarmed the speedbrakes, everything was well. Will check that out later on, why I did not get any warning, today.

737_800 I think the warning for flaps and trim are based on values on the FMC. Did you enter any details into the FMC before your test?

Craig

Speedbrakes are down for takeoff.

The FMC doesn't have any input for the CONFIG WARN. The flaps just need to be 1-25. That doesn't prevent you from doing a F1 takeoff when you were supposed to do a F5. You can fly without the  FMC.

Systems manual, guys.

The configurations causing a takeoff warning are:
• Trailing Edge Flaps are not in the Flaps 1 through 25 takeoff range, or
• Trailing Edge Flaps are in a skew or asymmetry condition, or have
uncommanded motion, or
• Leading Edge Devices are not configured for takeoff or have
uncommanded motion, or
• Speed Brake Lever is not in the DOWN position, or
• Ground Spoiler Interlock Valve is open providing pressurized hydraulic
fluid to Spoiler Control Valves, or
• Parking Brake is set, or
• Stabilizer Trim not set in the takeoff range

Matt Cee

Thanks a lot for all your inputs. I think my problem most likely was related to the ground spouler interlock valve - flaps were 5 and the trim was set according to the FMC.