Sign in to follow this  
WarDog

ALTN uplink

Is there any way to make the ALTN uplink to use only specific airoprts and not the closest to the plane?

on my flights I use specific airports as my "enroute alternate" and not the closest airports to the flight path.

Thanks for the help ^_^

Is there any way to make the ALTN uplink to use only specific airoprts and not the closest to the plane?

The whole purpose of the feature is to select airports most relevant to the flight path at that time.

As Robin mentioned, if you need something else, do it manually.

Kyle Rodgers

The whole purpose of the feature is to select airports most relevant to the flight path at that time.

As Robin mentioned, if you need something else, do it manually.

I mean the "AUTO ALTN LIST UPLINK", not the manual input in the altn page.

The auto altn list uplink gives me the closest 4 airports to the aircraft(some times the airport can handel 777's), even if i put my own airports.

The auto altn list uplink gives me the closest 4 airports to the aircraft(some times the airport can handel 777's), even if i put my own airports.

Sounds like you have the "auto uplink alternates" option enabled in aircraft settings.

Best regards,

Robin.

It's supposed to grab the closest airports on a list of ALTNs.  You can adjust the runway length requirements in the PMDG SETUP options.

AUTO ALTN LIST UPLINK is the same as the ALTN page.  The only difference is the plane is auto-populating the list (through simulated data link), and you're not entering it by hand.

Kyle Rodgers

It's supposed to grab the closest airports on a list of ALTNs.  You can adjust the runway length requirements in the PMDG SETUP options.

AUTO ALTN LIST UPLINK is the same as the ALTN page.  The only difference is the plane is auto-populating the list (through simulated data link), and you're not entering it by hand.

So, is there any way to edit the "list of ALTNs" so it will have only my own ALTN airports(I use specific airports that my airline uses), and still get auto updated in flight?

I don't want just the closest airports to the aircraft but the closest from specific ones(like to use LIRF insted of LIBR, even if LIBR is 50nm away and LIRF 300nm away).

Hi WarDog,

As 3-2-1-Now said earlier, just enter the alternate manually.

Bring up the ALTN page on the FMC, type in your preferred alternate in the scratchpad and then click on one of the LSK's on the left. It should add your alternate in Bold typeface into the list. To remove click on DEL and then the corresponding LSK next to the added alternate.

As an aside I just tried this at EGSS in the UK. Added EGKK as a manual alternate and uploaded the weather for it. Added EHAM in the Netherlands and it would not load the weather. I'm guessing (without studying the manuals) that there is some criteria that has to be met, maybe distance, that decides which lucky alternates get the weather forecast.

Hope this helps

Regards

Simon Grant 

I know how to use the ALTN page, the thing is that I want the "auto altn list uplink" to use my own list of airports(not the entire PMDG AIRAC data base).

The "auto altn list uplink" updates every "X" miutes the altn page with the closest airports.

What I want is that it will use only specific airports, for example not to use EDFH and use EBLG even if EDFH is closer then EBLG, but still get the auto update when i got the next altn in range automaticly.