Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Made The Switch But...

Kuragiman the iFly is exceptionally sensitive to how it is downloaded/installed.

For example did you download using Flight1's download tool?

Was your browser Chrome?  Thats a no-no ... Chrome is known to corrupt the download file.

Did you install without any anti-virus/malware running? Any firewall active?  AOC turned on?

Have you applied service pack 3.2.1?

Once you have gained access to their forums ... read!  Being a mature product ALL your queries/problems have been sorted.

Remember the iFly is a complicated aircraft and will perform similarly to PMDG's NGX in the same environment.

Kuragiman the iFly is exceptionally sensitive to how it is downloaded/installed.

For example did you download using Flight1's download tool?

Was your browser Chrome?  Thats a no-no ... Chrome is known to corrupt the download file.

Did you install without any anti-virus/malware running? Any firewall active?  AOC turned on?

Have you applied service pack 3.2.1?

Once you have gained access to their forums ... read!  Being a mature product ALL your queries/problems have been sorted.

Remember the iFly is a complicated aircraft and will perform similarly to PMDG's NGX in the same environment.

I download via the FLight1 downloader, reinstalled, followed all the Do's and Don'ts and still I am pegged at 20 FPS, down from 60 in most default aircraft.   I can't believe this aircraft would steal 40 FPS.  That's WAY more than PMDG ever did.   Yes, it is 'SMOOTH' but 60 FPS is a HELL of a lot smoother.  20 FPS starts to make things noticeable.   This is all without any traffic loaded and moderate scenery settings.    And it makes no difference if I slide all the sliders to the left and shutoff shadows, or blast everything max.   20 FPS, all day, every day.   It's like iFly is FRAME LOCKING the simulator to 20 FPS.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Did an experiment;   I loaded up a default aircraft and turned EVERYTHING off, all sliders to the left and let the scenery load.     120 FPS.     Turns up Mesh/Texture resolution.  Turned Complex Scenery back to normal but left Autogen stuff off and shadows off.  95 FPS.     Turned on shadows to moderate with shadowing clouds and cockpit shadows.  80 FPS.    Loaded IFLY 737NG... 20 FPS......

Turned off everything again.. Left it all off.   120 FPS.    Loaded iFly 737NG.. 20 FPS.....   What.... is this planes deal!?    @_@    No matter what I do it goes right down to 20 FPS.    Apparently, I can't ask for help either from Flight1 because I am not a 'REAL' student/instructor.   It's why they have no P3D support forums on their website...   I have followed their instructions; downloaded the installers with their app... installed with no Anti virus or Firewall on,  I uninstalled,  Turned of the migration tool, reinstalled, rebooted, blah blah blah... same results.. 20 FPS when loaded...  50+ with any other plane depending on settings.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not but If I don't turn on the Migration tool now and put it in Virtual FSX mode the iFly boots up with the warning horn going off and it won't go off.   I have installed the plane WITH and WITHOUT the Migration tool turned on in Virtual mode.   Makes no difference.   If I don't turn it back on.. warning horn blares non stop and some of the warning lights turn on in the cockpit.  Turn on migration tool, cockpit works normally but 20 FPS...  I am stumped...  :(    If I can't solve this in the next few days I am going to sadly ask for a refund.    I have never seen an aircraft so difficult to install but its the best 737 available for P3D and that is the plane I need return to service with Southwest Virtual.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Kuragiman - I see no evidence in that reply that you tried anything that was suggested by the helpful folks here; please do before posting a reply that really adds nothing. 

About "the best 737 available for P3D", the PMDG 737NGX works fine in P3D if you know the trick  :lol:

Kuragiman - I see no evidence in that reply that you tried anything that was suggested by the helpful folks here; please do before posting a reply that really adds nothing. 

About "the best 737 available for P3D", the PMDG 737NGX works fine in P3D if you know the trick  :lol:

Actually, if you read everything, I have done everything suggested.  It is why I am getting 120 FPS now when I was getting like 20.   The new problem is the iFLy addon which is bringing that 120 FPS down to 20 FPS.  I have done everything suggested for re-installing the add-on.  Done it 3 times now with the same result every time.   That is what made me do the experiment.  I am convienced iFly is frame locking at 20 FPS for whatever reason.   Waiting on the developers to respond to my help ticket request now.   I am wondering if the migration tool didn't put files in the wrong place that got left over and haven't been erased with all the uninstall/re-install attempts.

And I know PMDG works if you hack your way into it but I don't want to hack my way through it right now.   I want to give the iFly a chance since it is 'P3D' ready.

100454.png

Brian Navy