Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

One for PMDG 777LR fans

I was returning home from a business trip to Savannah, GA. Due to weather delays leaving SAV last night, I missed my connecting flight at Detroit, and had to spend the night at the airport hotel.

Since purchasing the PMDG 777-200LR last year, I have flown a couple of hundred hours in the aircraft - all trips have been in the PMDG-supplied Delta livery of N702DN, "The Spirit of Atlanta". The lastest revision to the 777 SP (SP1B) released while I was away on my trip, so I was looking forward to getting home to install the SP, and go for a flight in my favorite Delta 77L.

So, this morning, when I walked into the McNamara terminal at DTW, heading toward my commuter flight at gate A51. Lo & Behold, there, at Gate A64, was the very airplane itself...  I apologize for the poor quality of the photo - the terminal windows are covered with a pattern of small dots which probably are there to cut down intense sunlight.

"Just" an airliner, yes... but somehow moving to see "in the flesh" the very aircraft in which I have logged so many virtual hours, flying to destinations all over the world.

The aircraft was being prepped for a mid-day departure to Shanghai (ZSPD).

TdFQ.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Excellent story JRB, I had the exact same experience at Heathrow with G-DOCF, an aircraft I'w been flying countless hours in. My wife thought I was bonkers when I paced back and forth, saying "-there it is..." :)

Must have been an emotive high for you Jim, seeing your favourite plane in R/L. Talk about a chance encounter in a million. Lovely story.

Excellent story JRB, I had the exact same experience at Heathrow with G-DOCF, an aircraft I'w been flying countless hours in. My wife thought I was bonkers when I paced back and forth, saying "-there it is..." :)

Imagine the fellow who saw you, and knew what you were talking about! lol